Best Buy preferred customer weekend Jan 10-13

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chris S, Jan 5, 2003.

1. Chris S

Chris S Cinematographer

Chris S
    I was very surprised to receive a few Best Buy coupons in the mail the other day for the first time. Unfortunately I have no idea how I got on the list (sorry Mike Frezon).
    • 10% off regularly priced Music, Movies, Video Games
    • 10% off Computer products, Entertainment equipment *
    • free $10 gift card with $50 spent on digital media, pc gaming controllers, computer speakers, mp3 players, pc cameras(?), networking, mobile storage, surge protectors
    So for those who may also be on the list be sure to check your mailboxes before this weekend.
    Chris S.
    * includes other items such as 2-way radios, 35mm & digital cameras, phones, microwaves, etc. Basically just about everything but music and movies

2. Devin U

Devin U Second Unit

In the Phoenix market I got 2 coupons for 10% off dvd's. Im guessing my wife got 2 as well. couple that with good deals on signs and Sixth sense, and ill be there this weekend. BTW, as far as I know, If you have a Credit account with BB, you get on the Preffered Customer List.

3. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Executive Producer

Ah crap, just moved, and so the coupons will prolly be forwarded to the new address...right AFTER the sale is over! [​IMG]

4. Jenna

Jenna Second Unit

I've been on BestBuy's "preferred customer" mailing list for 3 months now and have noticed that their "preferred weekends" are landing on the 10th-ish of each month (2nd weekend).

The manager at my local store has let me use the 10% DVD coupon early so that I can use it on New Release Tuesday. If you have a good relationship with your local store, go ahead and ask about using your coupon early.

5. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    Technically, you're not supposed to be able to use the coupons on sale items. Only regular priced items. Enforcement seems to be very spotty, however.

6. Craig S

Craig S Producer

Craig Seanor

7. Marc_E

Marc_E Supporting Actor

I got these coupons too. Can you use them towards the puirchase of a new PC? They do not say no like game consoles but they dont say yes either.
    Marc

8. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

[​IMG]
    *I* got some today!
    Not me wife...*ME*!!! First time EVER!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Chris S

Chris S Cinematographer

Chris S

10. Mike Huber

Mike Huber Agent

I got mine in the mail yesterday, I dont have a credit card acount with BB either, although i have spent over 2000 in the past couple months. This is the second one of these coupons iv received.

11. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Producer

Whoa, I just got these in the mail from my mother... it seems they showed up at my parent's house in my name (where I no longer live). Weird [​IMG]

12. GlenHaag

GlenHaag Supporting Actor

Well, I'm going to try and use mine today.

Each time that I've tried to use them on a Friday or Saturday they're sold out of the movies that I've been intending on buying.

Hopefully they won't put up a stink... otherwise I just go back to the store on Friday and return the DVD's and rebuy them with the coupon.

Glen

13. Tommy T

Tommy T Stunt Coordinator

First time for me too!

I guess the Christmas shopping is paying off!

Tommy

14. GlenHaag

GlenHaag Supporting Actor

Well, I got them to use the 10% off of my copies of Buffy Season 2 and 3, as well as Signs. [​IMG] All three for $90.
    Color me happy.
    Glen

15. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Producer

I am going to use mine to get the Gasaraki: Perfect Collection boxset for $49 after a $50 GC I have [​IMG][​IMG]

16. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Executive Producer

*Technically* they aren't supposed to let you use those coupons on sale-priced items. However in my experience I've had both success and denial at the attempt. The two times I was denied was by 1) and assistant manager, and 2) by a cashier that I think aspires to be an assistant manager.

Going to the Westwood store (near a college) means that a lot of the employees are young-uns who could really care less about enforcing that policy. I recently got a 10% off of the BTTF trilogy which was already sale-priced. It really is a crapshoot as to whether or not they'll let you use the coupon.

17. JustinCleveland

JustinCleveland Cinematographer

Justin Cleveland
    I recently moved, and just placed an order on Bestbuy.com... for xXx and Dark Crystal... and on the same day they arrived, there was an envelope from BB with the coupons.

So if they've got your info, they're sending you coupons!

18. LloydM

LloydM Agent

Our local Best Buys have 18 month 0% financing on TV's $299+ right now. I planned on waiting until Friday when the 10% coupon was good to get the TV. Does anyone know if I should even bother with waiting and trying to use the coupon? Ill go get the TV now if im going to be denied with the coupon. [​IMG] Then I will go back this weekend and pick up the DVD player and AR component video cables using the coupon. [​IMG]
    Lloyd

19. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Now my wife got coupons, too! I got, and she got! Great, cuz there are at LEAST 10 DVDs we want to buy, and 4 gift cards to use up!! [​IMG]

20. GaryP

GaryP Second Unit

Lloyd,
    Last year I was able to pick up a TV with the 0% financing for 15 months and us the 10% off coupon. YMMV.

Gary