What's new

Best Buy 2 For 1 Packaging Covers Specs (1 Viewer)

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
Some of these are worthless while some have some good deals like the CB4/Life 2-Pack for 17.99 (CB4 is 17.99 by itself). A red strip of cardboard conviently covers the lower portion of the cases, which is where the specs for old Universal releases are. I almost got Kindergarten Cop/Twins but I stopped trying to remember whether they were P&S or OAR. Sure enough, both are modified titles. It's really a diservice to customers to cover up the techinal specs of a product. Grocery stores don't cover up the nutritional value of food items. Don't wind up buying a piece of trash P&S release. Make sure you know the specs before you buy.

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
If the DVDs had a choice of either widescreen or "modified to fit standard televisions" then the two-packs include the widescreen version. I.E. Undercover Brother and 8 Mile are the widescreen releases.

If the DVDs had no choice of screen format then you got that one version. I.E. Twins and Kindergarten Cop are "modified to fit standard television" releases only.

The one thing that irks me is that Wal-Mart carries the Blue Crush/Josie and The Pussycats two-pack but the version of Josie is "Edited For Family Viewing."

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Most studios/distributors pack these back-to-back anyway, so you sometimes haven't a clue what you're getting technically.

Josh Sieg

Second Unit
I was gonna get the Blue Crush/Josie pack too. But I dont want the gay edited version.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks