What's new

Best bargain floorstanders? (1 Viewer)

Doug_H

Supporting Actor
Set up my eDesign towers last night and for $500 shipped I am very impressed. The sounds is tight with good bass down to 40Hz. They are no match for the maggies in my theater but they are a bargain for my living room.

I got the 6T6 for my center and those are some very large bookshelf speakers. I am equally impressed with the sound of the center. I give these a big thumbs up for the $$$

qdoan

Auditioning
Real Name
Quan Doan

Well you can get a whole elemental designs 5.1 sytem for $1080, shipped if you use the package builder (saves you 15%)!
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif

A6-6T6 Towers for the fronts - $425
A6-6T6 MTM Center - $165.75
A6-5T5 MTM Pair for the rears - $170
A3-250 for the Subwoofer - $318.75

Total: $1079.50 - No Tax and Free Ground Shipping via UPS

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.
Here is the frequency graph for those - so it looks like they have a relatively flat frequency response...

Why not have both looks and sound?

Since I have never listened to these speakers, I don't think I can comment on how the actually sound....

I was just trying to add a link to what someone else was recommending…

http://av123.com/images/stories/News...xM3KDJWoOYA8h9

It looks like someone else likes these as well:

"But AV123’s x-series models don’t just deliver good sound. Their clean lines and beautiful wood finish give them the appearance of much more expensive speakers -- they can sit proudly in any living room"

GoodSound! "Equipment" Archives

Raymond lee Leggs

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Raymond Lee Leggs
Try the Sony SSB3000 Bass reflex "Bookshelf" speakers.

These speakers are labled as a bookshelf speaker but they are Massive, They are large enough to double as a floorstander They have a very high bass output so a sub may not be needed.
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif

aht3

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andrew Taylor
As some people know, I love the clarity and openness of the JBL L series. I have owned the 880 and the 890s and still have the 890s. both produce a great amount of bass and are crystal clear. They can both can be had for almost half of what they sold for a year ago on eBay or Amazon with the 5 year JBL warranty. They also have great centers and surrounds to compliment the family. As far as the stadiums are concerned, I heard them but not in optimal conditions. I have heard great things from the folks on the JBL thread on AVS. All the JBL speakers that I mentioned are powerful for the money and easy to drive.

I have owned HTD Level Three and thought they were OK but very laid back. They have a 30 return policy. I have not heard the Sony speakers however; based on the specs, they appear to be an unsung competitor in this race.

I hope this has helped. In the long run, you need to listen and pick what your ears say sounds best.

JeremyErwin

Senior HTF Member
As for the receiver, the Onkyo 505 may be decent, but it's HDMI switching only. Want high resolution surround from your PS3? Tough. You'll need a receiver that can decode HDMI audio (i.e Onkyo 605)

Raymond lee Leggs

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Raymond Lee Leggs

Yeah Sony's larger speakers are underrated they are Quite the bang-for-the buck along with the JBL's.

JeremyErwin

Senior HTF Member
And what's going to translate the pcm? Your TV?

The onkyo 505 only switches hdmi, it doesn't decode it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks