Auditioning
Real Name
François Branger
As a music-lover first, I now have the following configuration:
- Cambridge 651A amp,
- Triangle Antal EX floorstanders,
- Marantz CD6005 CD player,
- Regar Planar 3 turntable.

My wife has let me install all this in a room that is approximatively 15m² (3m x 5m). I have succeeded in controlling the quite big floorstanders in this rather small space.

I really want to succeed in having a home theater setup. After listening to the amps that could fit my Antal EX, last week, I purchased a Marantz SR6011 at a bargain price (I found one seller that has not yet the new 6012).

For now, I now then watch movies with this amp, that is linked to the Cambridge amp with the PreOuts of the A/V amp.

My problem now is to find the center speaker and the surround.

- For the center, I think to go with the Triangle Voce EZ, because that would be the most natural choice with my Antal EX floorstanders.

- For the surround, I just can't now what is best. I read several times that bipolar would be better in a small room. The question is then: will they be happy in my configuration? Indeed, it is advised to put them at the sides of the listening positions, but I don't know if it would be far enough from the front speakers (only 6 feet from them, my TV is a 4K 58in Panasonic, so I remain quite close to it to be "surrounded" by the image).
Second problem: I have a staircase that spoils the space of the room, and quite near to the spot where one of the bipolar should be (1 foot). I fear that it "blocks" the sound of it.

Here are some picture of my setup (the speakers have moved a little since them, the exaggerated angle has been also diminished). The problem of the staircase can be seen on the fourth picture:

mini_975090P1010186.jpg

mini_967535P1010187.jpg

mini_893171P1010188.jpg

mini_934155P1010189.jpg

mini_889432P1010190.jpg

If you have some piece of advice, I would be glad ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks