What's new

BBuy has Stargate UE on site for 17.99 preorder (1 Viewer)

David_Jr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
Is that good or do you think it will street for less at B&M? I'm really interested in this one, but I'm wondering if the B&Ms will treat this one like some of the other recent catalogue titles that were poorly stocked and nowhere to be seen on street date. Any thoughts?

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I think Best Buy has not gotten the price reduction notice yet, and that it'll be as low as $12.99

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i think the msrp is 19.99. isnt it?so it should be very cheap to buy somewere.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
Pre-ordered mine for under $15 shipped at Dvdsoon.
It's a Canadian site; I'm not sure if Artisan does bilingual covers or anything now or not. So, beware if that concerns you.

And, don't cheap out and get the free shipping that could take several weeks. (and it's not insured so if it's damaged in shipping you're screwed) Go with the air mail for $4 Canadian (about $2.70). The actual item price for Stargate UE is $11.97 US.

Also, they charge your card IMMEDIATELY, not when they ship. I did have to return an item once due to damage, but they did credit my account the full $10 it cost me to ship it insured to Canada. It's only store credit though mind you and I'm still waiting for my replacement Due South)

Otherwise, I've gotten a lot of excellent deals through them on pre-orders, especially box sets.

David_Jr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
Another thread was posted with a terrific price over at FYE.com. I'm wondering if any B&Ms will come anywhere near that price. I'd rather do B&M even if it's a buck or two more just to have it in my hands and not worry about shipping hassles. Any thoughts?

Brian Knauss

Stunt Coordinator
fye has the lowest price by far. Even deepdiscountdvd has the preorder for roughly $18.

It might be worth it to wait for the release date at some B&Ms. Target generally has good deals during the first week of release while other places have the lowest price.

Has anyone else noticed some of the Best Buy preorders on the website are over the MSRP? That's a head scratcher

Jeff D

Supporting Actor
I'm not really sure what this one has over the other TWO copies I've bought. But, this title is giving Army of Darkness a run for the money in the most releases catagory.

David_Jr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
Was in a local extremely large retailer today and they broke street on this one. It's out and selling for $14.44. This was not posted to steer people to the retailer, but rather as a compaint about the retailer. I suppose my original post did not really reflect that. Anyway, I ordered mine from DDD and can't wait to get it on Tuesday, although I did have it in my hand at the aforenotmentioned extremely large retailer. It is rather irksome that the above not mentioned retailer is one of the big complainers about sites like this posting sale ad info ahead of Sunday and then they go and break street on a title. Double standard:angry:

James D

Second Unit
David_Jr-you might want to delete your post. It's a no-no to mention the name of a store that breaks the street date.:)

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I read about this large retailer discount chain breaking street date on Stargate (UE) several days ago, here at HTF.
Of course we can't say who it is, but it's not the one in bankruptcy and it's not the one that looks like you'd see it at an archery range, so go figure. :D
I almost picked it up yesterday. But let's see, $14.44 plus tax is $15.31 or I can order it from DDD for $11.43 total, if I'm just willing to wait a few extra days. I think I'll save the $3.88 and order from DDD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks