What's new

Blu-ray Review Batman: The Complete Television Series Blu-ray Review (1 Viewer)

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
I haven't even seen what you are talking about but I can tell you this: it's a joke.

I've known him since the mid-1980's. Adam has a big heart and a very dry sense of humor.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Holy Current Events, Batman! I just watched the 2-parter with Van Johnson as The Minstrel and I never remembered that Batman had a "Batdrone" remote controlled small aircraft, LOL.

Corey II

Agent
Real Name
Corey
Hello Everyone,

I was just wondering, will there ever be a stripped down blu-ray box set, one without all the trinkets, but with all the special features and therefore less expensive? I really want the series, but I can do without the toy Batmobile and trading cards. However, I would like to have the episide guide to go along with the stripped down box set, that is of course, if the powers that be ever decide to release a stripped down boxset.

Corey II

Agent
Real Name
Corey
Why do you think season 2 would be split into two parts? Is it because it has more episodes than seasons 1 and 3?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Corey II said:
Why do you think season 2 would be split into two parts? Is it because it has more episodes than seasons 1 and 3?
Yeah and Warners is doing it with the S2 DVDs (S2-Part 1 has been announced for February) so when/if the Blu-rays are sold as separate seasons, I assume they'll do the same.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Corey II said:
Hello Everyone,

I was just wondering, will there ever be a stripped down blu-ray box set, one without all the trinkets, but with all the special features and therefore less expensive? I really want the series, but I can do without the toy Batmobile and trading cards. However, I would like to have the episide guide to go along with the stripped down box set, that is of course, if the powers that be ever decide to release a stripped down boxset.
Good news for you. I was completely wrong and the regular set is already coming out on December 16. TV Shows On DVD has the news here: http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Batman-The-Complete-Television-Series/20506

Oblivion138

Second Unit
Real Name
James O'Blivion
Well, I finished off all the episodes yesterday, and I'm kinda depressed that it's over. Watched Return to the Batcave and Batman: The Movie to lift my spirits a bit.

I have to say, for as cheap and half-finished as the sets often looked in Season 3, it had some of the funniest dialogue of the entire series, from some pretty blatant double-entendres (such as Batman's remarks to Robin about the "first oncoming thrust of manhood") to sublime absurdity (see Batman's big showdown with Shame in The Great Train Robbery). And Batgirl was a nice addition, as well. Sure, she was added in the hopes of upping the ratings, but her presence never seemed like a desperate bid, largely due to the fact that the character was well-written and charmingly portrayed. She never felt like a third wheel.

I really wish the series had run for longer than three seasons. I could watch another 120 of these, easily.

Corey II

Agent
Real Name
Corey

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
I received the blu-ray set for Christmas! Only got around to watching the first episode so far (or rather the first two, I kind of just look at it as an hour long show). It's been a LONG time since I've seen an episode, but it brought back a lot of fun childhood memories and was VERY fun to watch. It wasn't until today though that I found out here on HTF that there were problems with a few episodes and that Warner is putting together a replacement program. I sent off a customer service thing through their site. It seems like it's all a little old news now (the other thread hasn't had replies on the subject for a while now), so do I just wait to hear back from them, or are things still up in the air over how they're going to handle it?

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Tommy R said:
I received the blu-ray set for Christmas! Only got around to watching the first episode so far (or rather the first two, I kind of just look at it as an hour long show). It's been a LONG time since I've seen an episode, but it brought back a lot of fun childhood memories and was VERY fun to watch. It wasn't until today though that I found out here on HTF that there were problems with a few episodes and that Warner is putting together a replacement program. I sent off a customer service thing through their site. It seems like it's all a little old news now (the other thread hasn't had replies on the subject for a while now), so do I just wait to hear back from them, or are things still up in the air over how they're going to handle it?
Hi Tommy - Warner now has a website set up - you go to the site below, enter in your name and contact info, plus the UPC code from the packaging (and if you have the limited edition Blu-ray set, what number copy yours is):

http://www.shipment-service.com/batman66/

Supposedly the replacement copies will start shipping mid-January.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
As has been discussed above and in other forum threads, Warner initiated a disc replacement program to add the original opening narration back to the pilot episode and to restore the missing final scene to the Season Two episode Marsha's Scheme of Diamonds. In addition to these corrections, Warner also added three extras featuring vintage promotional elements to Disc 1.

On the replacement Disc 1, under a new "Special Features" menu, viewers will find the following collection of vintage promotional materials:

Next Week's Villain (7:54) collects all of the series' 42 bumpers promoting "next week's villain" in one continuous eight minute reel with graphics in between indicating to what episode they were originally tagged.

Batman's Amazing Arsenal (:40) is the vintage "tomorrow" promo that was used to hype the unveiling of the bat-cycle, bat-copter, and bat-boat. This was no doubt intended to promote the theatrical film in which they would all be featured prominently.

Season 1 Rebroadcast Promo (:22) is the brief "next week" promo that was used to hype the first rebroadcast of the pilot episode.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Bob Furmanek said:
The arsenal promo was shown at the end of the Archer episode; the first of the second season.
I hope the movie was still in theaters, then, because nobody was going to see a "Batcopter" on the TV show's budget. :)

Oblivion138

Second Unit
Real Name
James O'Blivion
The Batcopter did show up in a few episodes of the TV series...though I believe it was simply reused footage from the feature film.

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
That's why the early announced plans for CinemaScope lensing on the feature were dropped and non-anamorphic 1.85:1 was chosen instead: the footage could easily be used in the TV show as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks