What's new

Bass Management Question. (1 Viewer)

Fernando Chen

Auditioning
It was brought to my attention that one could in theory do the following.
If I want to have my sub in the back, can you just hook it up in series to for example, to the rear left speaker and just set it to large while having the rest set to small and have the subwoofer out on the receiver set to off?
Is the receiver smart enough to send all sub 80 hz from all the speakers set to small to the rear left speaker? If this is true, I am an idiot. Never knew that.
I used to think that setting a speaker to large just meant it would send all the frequencies of that discrete channel to that speaker and setting a speaker to small would send frequencies below 80hz or so to a subwoofer connected to the subwoofer out on the receiver. I never knew you could send frequencies of any speaker set to small to all speakers set to large.
Not like I would do this, but it may help me to understand better how bass management in receivers work.
Fernando Chen

Francois L

Stunt Coordinator
Hi, Fernando.
First, yes when you set some speakers to small, some to large and set the sub to off or none, you do send bass frequencies of the small speakers to the large one. But I don't know any receivers that let you set the rear speakers to large and the others to small, more the less only one channel!(right or left). If you want to put your sub in the rear, you can do this by using the sub output on the receiver because the low frequencies are difficult to localize anyway.
Regards, Francois L
------------------
"My god, it`s full of stars!"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks