What's new

Basic Instinct - Ultimate Edition? (1 Viewer)

Haden

Supporting Actor
Amazon has a new "ultimate edition" of Basic Instinct listed for a March 14 release:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...v=glance&n=130

They even have cover art for it, but no specs listed. Anybody got details on this yet? What's different about it compared to the previous special edition? I bet the only new extras are promotional stuff for the pointless sequel coming out at the end of March.

Haden

Supporting Actor
Okay, so the new version appears to have these new extras:
- A Conversation with Sharon Stone
- A DVD Introduction by Sharon Stone
- Screen Tests

And it might be missing these extras from the original SE:
- Commentary With Feminist Critic Camille Paglia
- Photo Gallery

Not really worth a double dip to me.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
wasn't the 2001/2002 DVD edition of the movie that you can get at Wal-Mart for $5.50 with no problem as ultimate as it comes for Basic Instinct?

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
I may be mistaken but I think that Wal Mart carries the version that is rated R and not the unrated cut. I picked up the unrated version awhile back for $5.99 Circuit City I believe.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I'm more that happy with my extras stuffed R2 edition of the unrated "Basic Instinct" I would not repurchase this film unless it was HD &/or sporting a lot of new worthwhile extras in addition to the older ones & not IN PLACE OF the older extras!

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
The transfer on the existing DVDs is sub-par, and
while I am not EAGER to buy again, if there is a notable upgrade in picture quality, I will double-dip.

Personally, I found the Paglia commentary sadly lacking in anything of interest. As much as I enjoy her column and theories on Hitchcock, her commentary for BI was banal.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks