What's new

Basic Atmos help-2021 version (1 Viewer)

MickyLong

Auditioning
Real Name
Micky Long
I'm about to finally, after years of threatening it, to jump from basic Dolby Surround to Atmos. Since this build out is going to be in a different, open format living room I thought I'd get some advice from the group on speaker positioning and possibly selection.

First my basic equipment (not really open to replacement if possible):

Samsung 85" QLED Smart TV
Denon 7.2 channel AVR X3500 Receiver
NHT Tower Left Front, Center, Right Front and Sub Speakers

New additions:

Klipsch Reference Premier RP 400M (to be mounted on stands to function as surrounds)
In-ceiling NHT iC2 6.5" speakers to handle ATMOS effects

I've attached two photos of the room layout to show the open floorpan I'm dealing with.

Any thoughts about how I'm proposing to complete this would be appreciated. I assume there's no real advantage of trying to add additional ceiling speakers since the receiver can only handle two channels beyond the standard surround set up.

Home Theater 1.jpg Home Theater 2.jpg

Micky

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
That's a very bright, reflecting room, so I wouldn't suggest Klipsch surrounds, which are quite bright sounding. Since all the other speakers will be NHT, why not a pair of NHT bookshelfs for surrounds instead?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks