What's new

Barnes and Noble 40% Bluray Memorial Day Sale (2 Viewers)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
David Norman said:
The expected 40% sale is now active. Most Blurays are 40% off MSRP online, supposedly everything in store is supposed to 40% Off.
This sale is supposed to run 2 weeks through the end of business Monday night June 16.
Thanks for the info! I was in there early this morning but they hadn't put up any signage so I didn't realize that this sale was happening.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Yes, thanks. Now I've half a mind to drive out to one of the stores today. (My two closest full-service B&Ns are an hour away, so I do at least have to think about it for a moment.) At any rate, it's that time of year when the membership card must be taken out of the drawer and put into the wallet. (Yes, they can find you with your phone number. Most times. But one time they couldn't, so I "carry".)

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
For those interested in participating in the 40% sale, there are supposed to be some coupons sent out starting tomorrow for "15% off Single Item"
which can be used in store or online (these aren't member only coupons). I usually get quite a few extras so if you can use them just send me a PM and
tell me how many you need. These coupons generally are good Thursday through Sunday. There may be some more coupons next week for Fathers Day, but it's no for sure whether these will come or if they will be instore only like the Mothers Day weekend coupons were.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
I had just put my possible visit off till tomorrow, so I'll keep my eye open.

Hey, if one of those emails comes in while you're in the store, can you show it and use it?

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Probably though most of the time the emails deliver 2-4am Eastern,
Some clerks will look at the coupon page and manually enter the discount code or possibly even
try to scan the bar code from your phone

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
David Norman said:
The expected 40% sale is now active. Most Blurays are 40% off MSRP online, supposedly everything in store is supposed to 40% Off.This sale is supposed to run 2 weeks through the end of business Monday night June 16.
Thanks for the heads up. My B&N membership expires tomorrow, so it was nice to take advantage of this sale while I still get the maximum benefit.I've been waiting in vain for a while now for the complete fourth season Blu-Ray of "Battlestar Galactica" to fall back below $20 on Amazon. Between the 40% off list price, and a 20% off coupon I got in the mail a few weeks back, it got the price down to $23.99+tax, which was good enough for me.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
For those who don't mind using web glitches to their advantage, BN's mobile site is experiencing a little bit of an issue.

Member only and using m.bn.com on a PC or a smartphone, you can apply the Member 8off40 codes on just about any item (once per code per account). It doesn't seem to matter whether the item is currently $40 or not.

Both codes seem to be working for now.
Promo C9P8L3R and K9M4E3D

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
First signage on the Criterion 50% sale has been spotted and it appears that BN is moving the sale forward a week to catch the July 4th Holiday weekend. Presumptive date July 1 through July 28. This picture was posted courtesy on a BN employee. I would like to have independent confirmation of course, but game soon to be on: BN Criterion 50% Sale

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
TravisR said:
Sorry, Big Chill fans.
Last July there was enough outcry about The Devils Backbone being released a day after the sale ended that Criterion released it a week early to BN so it would be included in the sale. Hopefully history will repeat itself particularly for The Big Chill. OTOH, there's always that 1st release after sale that in lamented. There are no releases for 2 weeks after TBC so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
David Norman said:
For those who don't mind using web glitches to their advantage, BN's mobile site is experiencing a little bit of an issue.

Member only and using m.bn.com on a PC or a smartphone, you can apply the Member 8off40 codes on just about any item (once per code per account). It doesn't seem to matter whether the item is currently $40 or not.

Both codes seem to be working for now.
Promo C9P8L3R and K9M4E3D
I did that for Tiiuch Of Evil and paid $10.XX. very good deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks