Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
Title: Barbenheimer

Tagline: D-Cup, A-Bomb

Genre: Comedy

Release: 2024

Plot: follows Dr. Bambi J Barbenheimer, a brilliant scientist doll living in Dolltopia, a world of endless summers and beach parties, and her boyfriend Twink Dollman. So far, so Greta Gerwig’s neon-colored billion-dollar megahit. Turning Nolan’s distinctly less pink dial up a notch, our Dr. Barbenheimer, incensed by the brutal treatment the dolls receive at the hands of human children, ventures into the real world where she experiences humanity at its worst and, naturally, decides to build a giant nuclear bomb to take it all out. “They got great looks and a super attitude!

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Over what? Unless someone trademarked the title "Barbenheimer," parody is allowed.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
There's no way "Barbenheimer" was copyrighted because the films involved are from two different studios. That's why they both came out at the same time and were counterprogrammed against each other. The internet took hold of it and did the rest. I don't see why the producers of this knockoff can't proceed.

That being said, I doubt very much that the audience will respond to it. I know I have no interest here. We'll see what happens.

YANG

Screenwriter
this will be a good name for new hair style...
359239976_18370560103021878_5572280381464543571_n.jpg

...for the Barbie Ladies, whose partners like "mushroom cloud explosion" stuffs... except the color of pink.​

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
So if I wanted to make a movie called "Star Wars", no lawyers would come after me?

The MPA has a title registration system to allow their members to register titles so that they can’t be used by other studios. It’s not legally binding in and of itself but all of the participants agree to follow it, which gives it contractual weight. (It’s why for example the recent film was called “Lee Daniels’ The Butler” and not simply “The Butler” - another studio had already used and registered the title and declined to agree to a waiver). So if you made a film called “Star Wars,” the MPA wouldn’t approve it and commercial theaters couldn’t show it, etc., because they’ve all agreed to follow MPA rules.

It is possible to trademark a title and the studio did that so if you made a product that could reasonably be interpreted as infringing on that trademark, you’d get sued. But if you were to, let’s say, write a book about famous actors who fought in World Wars I and II and named it “Star Wars” that would probably fly, because you’re using it in a context different from the one the trademark was granted.

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
There's no way "Barbenheimer" was copyrighted because the films involved are from two different studios. That's why they both came out at the same time and were counterprogrammed against each other. The internet took hold of it and did the rest. I don't see why the producers of this knockoff can't proceed.

That being said, I doubt very much that the audience will respond to it. I know I have no interest here. We'll see what happens.
A Bomb is right...

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Well it is from Charles Band/Full Moon Entertainment, so it's almost guaranteed to be cheap and sleazy. I've enjoyed some of their franchises over the years (Puppet Master, Subspecies), but a lot of their output I just skip.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks