What's new

Back to the Future Review (Dec 2002) (1 Viewer)

David CI

Auditioning
Just read the December review of Back to the future Trilogy and left very disappointed because I was looking forward of purchasing this for family viewing in our HT.

The article states that the movie is not in Dolby 5.1, so what is it in? Is it worth buying this set or waiting until the 'Collectors Edition', if there will be one, comes out with proper sound?

I'm not one for all the extra features, give me very good picture and very good sound, then it will be added to my DVD collection.

It sounds like this movie has been released to television viewing, not home theater.

Thanks

Mark Fuentes

Auditioning
The review read more like a press release from Universal than a review. There was more space devoted to the different promotions and rebates than to the sound and picture quality. The Video Transfer was rated a B+ but the review never stated how the reviewer came up with this grade. Dvd Etc is a nice mag but still has a long way to go to catch up to the Perfect Vision.

Clint Walker

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry to disappoint. The disc-set we received was a major disappointment as it was a pre-screening disc and we had no idea what special features (if any) the disc was going to offer--nor did we have any other information on the disc. The video quality was mediocre at best. Thanks for the "dig" about "catching up" the the Perfect Vision...but we're creating a magazine for the masses--not for a niche.

JasonKZ

Stunt Coordinator
Geez. Is it just me. Here it is almost January and I haven't received this issue yet. I thought they were solving this problem??

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Jason, if you're speaking of newsstand distribution, the current issue of a magazine can arrive at various retail locations at different times. Some newsstands don't even get each issue of certain magazines, due to distributor problems.

As for Mark's comparison of DVD Etc. with The Perfect Vision, Clint notes the obvious: The two magazines are aimed at different audiences.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks