What's new

Back To The Future DVD box set question. (1 Viewer)

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
I have read the threads and posts in regards to the problem with the BTTF trilogy dvd set and I have held off on purchasing it due to the problem. My question is,did Universal recall all the old sets from the stores and send them new ones? Or are the defective sets still sitting on the shelf? Also how do I know if I am buying the good version or defective version?

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
Thnaks Tony-B, that was very informative. It looks like that was posted over a month ago, so has anyone seen the V2 editions in the store yet? I am not going to go out and knowingly purchase a set that is defective and then turn around and mail them back to get the correct versions. Who knows how long all that would take. I am still waiting for a free dvd from one of those rebate things from 6 months ago!

Frank@N

Screenwriter
I wouldn't hold your breath for V2, but I don't know anything that you don't.

I have seen the trilogy priced at $27 (used) at Coconuts.

Best price on a new set I've seen was $35 (retail, the first week).

I would suggest picking up a used copy and just mailing the discs in for replacement.

Yea, it's a pain; but it seems like it's the only way to get a good set.

Now that the studio has dug out, the response time should be better than before.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks