Back- Center speaker question?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chris Hiter, May 26, 2002.

1. Chris Hiter

Chris Hiter Stunt Coordinator

I just got the SR600 and about a month ago I bought a 5 speaker setup from HTD level 3 but I want to add a back center channel. I was wondering what is the best speaker to put back there. I still have my old Kenwood system so I was basically pondering if I should use one of the fronts for right now or use my old center speaker for it. I will eventually upgrade with another HTD level 3 bookshelf but don't want to do it until I move at the end of the summer. Thanks for any input!

Chris

2. StephenL

StephenL Second Unit

Daniel Kumin of Sound & Vision magazine reported that he's had great success using a single bipole speaker for the surround back channel. See this thread for a discussion of the potential problems with localization of the surround back channel:
    http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...threadid=62230

3. Chris Hiter

Chris Hiter Stunt Coordinator

That was pretty interesting. For right now though should I use just the normal front bookshelf or should I use my old center speaker. I kinda a newby to some of this so that is why I seem a little confused

4. Mike Strassburg

Mike Strassburg Second Unit

I recently moved my Klipsch CC to the rear and it sounds great. Much more detailed thant he small KLH monitors I had. My vote's for moving your old center back there...Mike