What's new

B & W speakers at a discount? Is it Possible? (1 Viewer)

Mark Austin

Supporting Actor
Not many sell at a significant discount. There are a few dealers that have semi annual sales that are pretty attractive, I think one is in Florida. What do you find most frustrating about it? Do you not feel that the B&W's are worth the asking price?

Legairre

Supporting Actor
Nic,

I just got a quote this morning from my dealer on the new 604 S3. He says he doesn't have them in yet, but they will go for $1400.00. He gives a 15% discount so he quoted me a price of $1190.00. I'll have to give them a listen when he gets some.

KeithR

Second Unit
B&W is very strict on pricing policies...I think 15% off is the min dealers are allowed to charge. They also have very territorial policies, and can't be mail-ordered.

TanD

Stunt Coordinator
If you are in Florida and go to Sound Advice they always give you at least 15% off, and some time 25% off when they have quarterly sales. I got all my b&w at 25% off.

JohnnyN

Stunt Coordinator
I just heard JMLab speakers, very nice too. I have b&w speakers myself, but just thought I'd mention the JMLabs, I was thoroughly impressed.

Jeremy Hegna

Supporting Actor
Right now is a good time to be buying the B&W 600 series. Most dealers still have the series 2s in stock and are waiting to sell them out to make room for the new series 3. My local dealer is letting his go for 15-20% off.

It's kind of weird that the 604s2 was $1600 and the new 604s3 is $1400. Both are great speakers...and you may be able to find some great deals on the series 2 models, especially dealer demos.

Jeremy

Carlyle

Auditioning
That's exactly what I did. I was able to pick up a pair of 604 S2, a pair of 603 S2, and a pair of LCR 6 S2 at a "close out" sale. Dealer was supposedly waiting for the S3 line. I walked out with all 6 speakers for $2500. I thought it was a pretty good deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks