What's new

B&W 602 S3 - What Happened During Break-In? (1 Viewer)

TerryHub

Stunt Coordinator
I just picked up some B&W 602 S3's yesterday. And while they sound incredible for the money, they sound somewhat muffled in the upper frequency compared to my old DM600's (from ~8 years ago). In anyone's experience, will the upper frequencies open up a bit over time?

Thanks.

AaronMg

Stunt Coordinator
The sound of B&W speakers tend to get tighter over time - At least with my experience.

MikeRP

Supporting Actor
I felt when looking at this model the same thing. I thought just like you maybe that's why I felt the mids were overemphasized.

Anyway, I don't think the high's are as much a breakin factor as the bass/midrange.

But, in their defense, I've found that once you get listening to a speaker for a while you really start liking it. I think the reason I didn't get the 600 series is because of an old set of JBL's I had that had a sound that I really liked and the Paradigms more closely fit my memory.(WOW that's scientific!) But, like I said. When I was demoing the 600's and the Studio series. After about a half hour of listening to either I was in love.

So, the only thing I can say is take 'em back if you aren't satisfied - too much money to not be satisified.

Mike

TerryHub

Stunt Coordinator
Mike-

I completely agree. I do like the B&W's very much. I just observed some differences in sound in comparing the old with the new. Not that one is necessarily better than the other, just different. I was curious as to what should happen to them over time. By the way, I have done nothing to tweak the system in other than a simple SPL calibration. Maybe something will change there too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks