What's new

B&W 600 Series 3, How long will they be around? (1 Viewer)

NickC

Second Unit
How long before these speakers are replaced by 600 series 4?

Asking because I own half of a series 3 setup, mains and center. I am unable to purchase the rest in the near future, I would like all of the speakers to be series 3.

Chip E

Screenwriter
Nick,

Did you buy them locally ? Just curious.. I live right over the Walt Whitman and am looking for another dealer. There's one near me, in Cherry Hill, but, the gentlemen (cough!) i delt with there was snotty. I'm done dealing with HiFi Sales.

NickC

Second Unit
Yes, there is a place, In Marple PA just outside of philadelphia, called the Hi-Fi house, it is about 3 miles from my house.

Nick

Vincent_S

Second Unit
quote:seems like most salesmen that sell B&W have their noses too high.

Same thing in my neck of the woods:thumbsdown:

jeff_coil

Stunt Coordinator
I guess I am lucky! My guy is great and gives me some good discounts as well! But this is a very small family owned store that just happens to sell everything I like:emoji_thumbsup:

Winfred.S

Agent
Me too, I've been able to get 10%-15% my store.

NickC, I've called B&W before about this while looking at their CDM line. From previous models, they seem to have about a 4-5 shelf time before they do an upgrade. The CDM for example was realeased on 1999 so I'm expecting to see some new line next year, but just couldn't wait and hope that something new is coming out so I went with the current CDM NT line.

Paul Chalk

Stunt Coordinator
The 600 Series 3's were released early last year, so I'm thinking they'll be around for a while.

Mark C.

Supporting Actor
I purchased my 601S2s in May of 1999. They had just come out replacing the original 601s. Figure three years for each version.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks