What's new

B&N Criterion Sales starts July 2, 2021! (1 Viewer)

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
I might have to check out the B&N right outside of Lexington KY (Hamburg shopping complex) this weekend. I haven’t been in that store in forever. The last time I was there, they did have a pretty sizable section of Criterion titles.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Amazing They Still haven't hinted at releasing 4k titles
Criterion has indicated they won't be releasing 4K blu-rays in the near future. B&N has 4K disc on sale (at least online.) I have not been unknown to use one of them to get the Criterion sale order up to free shipping.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I won’t buy through B&N as you have to have a membership to get free shipping.

However, FAST TIMES finally came back down to $19.95 with a coupon for an additional .40 off on AMAZON. I went ahead and ordered it, knowing fully well the 4k will be out in a year.

It helped I had a Gift Certificate so I didn’t really feel the pain of that purchase.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
It looks like Amazon is price matching a bunch which is great because I have gift cards from them, or I can use their credit card and take an extra 5% off - just put in an order for Bringing Up Baby!

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
For the first time in small print the 50% off sign at Barnes and Noble stated that the discount can not be combined with the regular membership discount. We have known for a while that this is how it is now but this is the first time I saw it in writing. My membership expires next week and that is it for me. No reason to have a membership.

Last edited:

Traveling Matt

Supporting Actor
I overheard one of the two employees in the video section (there were two!) confirm over her headset to another employee that the membership discount can't be applied, so at least some of them are aware. She looked at the sign to confirm it herself though.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I’ve let my membership go as well. They’ve become too restrictive which means I now buy way less at Barnes & Noble than I used too.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
B&N offers free shipping on orders of $35 or more, so if you are buying two or more Criterion titles shipping is free.

That being said, I ordered my three titles through Amazon, since I had rewards points to apply. Amazon has not price matched "Now, Voyager" though, so that title may have to wait for a future sale.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Yes, I only had one Criterion I wanted and didn't have since the last sale: Nightmare Alley, so I just got it at Amazon.

AlexNH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex Koutroubas
It looks like Amazon is price matching a bunch which is great because I have gift cards from them, or I can use their credit card and take an extra 5% off - just put in an order for Bringing Up Baby!
What credit card gives you 5% off at amazon?

ScottHM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
That's not correct, as was pointed out above.

As to buying my Criterion discs through Amazon or B&N, all the Criterion discs I want are currently on sale at B&N, and only some of them are on sale from Amazon, so it's an easy choice.

---------------

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
That's not correct, as was pointed out above.

As to buying my Criterion discs through Amazon or B&N, all the Criterion discs I want are currently on sale at B&N, and only some of them are on sale from Amazon, so it's an easy choice.

---------------

No, actually, in my case it’s very correct.

I only wanted one title. If I bought it at B&N I would have to pay shipping as my order came under $35.

On the other hand, I can buy it price-matched on Amazon with no additional shipping charges.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks