What's new

David Norman

Premium
I am quite sorry if (any)everything you wanted wasn't available, but for weeks there was a good possibility there would be no sale
at all or small chance possibly ever again. It has worked well or mostly well for many customers, but nothing is 100% in teh
current state

Farce - "got 26 of 26 of the items on my to get list" then I guess so.

1 trip to store for 17 items
1 phone order to order for 2 items
1 web order - 2 shipments for 7 items

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
Missed the decent sale price on War of the Worlds at Amazon because a somewhat distant B&N merchant said they had a copy. They tried to locate it for a day or so but couldn't find anywhere in the store. Can't ever remember NOT being able to order titles from B&N online, totally sold out of all the titles I'd wanted, NO ability to pre-order. As if they'll miraculously get in new stock before August 2. Maybe this is Criterion's way of terminating the B&N sale...period. A nasty way to do it however, nasty for B&N and even more so for customers. I used to enjoy this sale but what a disappointment this has been.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I could also see them extending the sale to be able to include the Agnes Varda set that is being released on August 11.They have done similar to that in the past.

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
I picked up Now, Voyager, Holiday, and Matewan from the B&N at Clackamas Town Center yesterday. I'll likely be back for a couple more titles before the sale ends.

And I did just that. In addition to those titles, I also picked up:

The Grand Budapest Hotel
Husbands
Make Way for Tomorrow
Speedy

All in all, a very good haul for this sale.

timk1041

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Timothy
I couldn't get a few titles I wanted either online or at my store. However, I picked up these on blu:
Sullivan's Travels
Stagecoach(1939)
Swingtime
Now, Voyager
Magnificent Obsession (1954)-includes the 1935 version too.

ScottHM

Premium
Real Name
Scott
This sale is a complete farce.
Oh? I ordered seven Blu-rays from B&N on July 10 for $148.75 ($21.25 each) which were delivered on July 15. I don't think that's a farce.

Dance, Girl, Dance
Destry Rides Again
The Lady Eve
Leave Her to Heaven
Show Boat
The Story of Temple Drake
The War of the Worlds

---------------

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Most everything I wanted kept selling out in the downtown Manhattan stores (whenever I could go)... so I ended up hitting the midtown Fifth Ave store last minute today instead for an unexpectedly sizable batch to go w/ the few I picked up 2 weeks ago... all bought w/ reward GCs from my CCs. The Fifth Ave store definitely has the smallest Criterion section, but just happened to have quite a few titles I was considering.

My total haul between the 2 visits:

Bruce Lee boxset
Lady Eve
Rififi
War and Peace

Detour
His Girl Friday
Klute
McCabe and Mrs Miller
My Man Godfrey
Odd Man Out
Sisters

Since I still have some GC $ left and who knows if we'll have another sale or if similar OOS situation will happen, I'm probably going to order one or two more online to finish up (and just forgo the 10% members discount)... Keaton's Cameraman being one.

The rest I'll try w/ the next Criterion flash sale (w/ my 2x $10 coupons)...

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
will_0407