What's new

B&K 200.5 or Rotel RMB-1095 (1 Viewer)

Paul D. K.

Stunt Coordinator
Buying B&K Ref. 50 Pre Amp. Was going to buy B&K 200.5 or 200.7 Power Amplifier. Salesman (very patient) suggested that I consider a Rotel Power Amplifier since it was almost $750 less for 5 Channel version (I'm currently only running 5 channels and don't foresee going to 7 in the current room). I have heard the Rotel name before but have no experience.

Any opinions?

I have B&W Nautilus 803's for fronts, HTM1 for Center, and Nautilus 804's for rears.

Thanks,

Rodon

Second Unit
I have went and listened to the Rotel 1075 and it sounded so good and powerful. Their products are very nice and they look soooo good in silver. I would give one a try before spending the extra $$$$. $750 is quite a bit more!!

Ernest Yee

Supporting Actor
I would say you should bargain a bit more for a better discount on the pair Ref 50 + 200.5.

The Rotel RMB-1075 is a highly recommended amp but the RMB-1095 is greatly known to have SERIOUS groundplane issues where there will be speaker hum that's not caused by your typical groundloops.

Also make sure you're getting that $1000 pricedrop on that Ref 50.

Ted Pugh

Stunt Coordinator
Paul, the Ref. 200.5 can be had for less. I bought mine from a dealer and received18% right off the bat. I love the warm sound of the B&K and it would match up real well with your B&W speakers.

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
Rotel's been around for a very long time and is well respected in the audio world for outstanding sound for less then you might expect.

I own the 1075 and agree its a very powerful amp for the price and to me sounds exceptional. The 1095 is even more powerful and all the 10XX series look stunning.

the B&K products are great too so either way you're going to end up with some very nice gear so just let your ears decided then enjoy the show:)

Stephen M

Stunt Coordinator
One minor concern to consider. The B&K amps tend to run very warm. It has no effect on them so long as you provide adequate ventilation, but they can really heat up a smaller, closed room. The Rotels in my experience run much cooler. BTW, I own B&K.

Yogi

Screenwriter
I love the B&K sound. Warm and tubey, mates well with forward/neutral speakers like Paradigm, Energy, B&W etc. If you can get both for the same price get the B&K but if you are getting them for close to MSRP, the Rotel would make a better value.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks