What's new

Awesome Speaker Stands (1 Viewer)

Eujin

Supporting Actor
Just wanted to post some super positive experiences in my quest for speaker stands. I bought a pair of Triangle Titus 202 speakers about a month or so back and wanted to get a pair of stands that would complement them. After doing lots of searching, I couldn't find a pair that would sound AND look good. My wife is very much into the whole HT and music obsession, but a good WAF is always something to look for. Anyways, I stumbled across Tyler Acoustics (www.tyleracoustics.com) while surfing Audio Asylum. I decided to give them a call and spoke to Tyler in person (he usually answers the phone). After a couple of calls and very informative conversations--Tyler is very accomodating and friendly, with no hint of hard sell in sight. He is mainly a high-end speaker maker but also happens to make stands and racks. His stands are all CUSTOM MADE TO ORDER. Well, I decided to take a chance and ordered a pair of his Model 3 stands--they are cheaper than his reference stands and Tyler actually recommended these for my Triangles as he thought the Reference stands might be a bit of overkill (the center column in the Reference stands can take up to 50lbs of sand). You can see them here: http://tyleracoustics.home.mindspring.com/stands.html
It took about 3 weeks between placing my order and receiving my stands (they arrived on Friday), but boy was it worth it. The stands are gorgeous, incredibly well built and will likely be kept in my system until doomsday. Cost was about $230 shipped, with each stand completely assembled and packed in its own box--very reasonable IMHO as many stands by reputable brands are in this price range (I went with Tyler partly because I'm a bit obsessive about wanting the top plate to match the footprint of the speaker).
After a full weekend of listening, I can definitively say that these stands have made a difference in the way that my speakers sound: clearer, slightly more precise and better bass punch. Mind you, the Triangles were no slouch on my old stands, but with the Tyler stands, music just has that much more "in the room" presence. To top it all off, I haven't even filled them with sand yet as I'm moving at the end of the month. This is one of the best investments I've ever made in my system. For $230, I can honestly say that I don't at all feel like I compromised performance for the sake of my budget--possibly the only component in my system that I can say that about. :)

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
Looks like those stands are for the rich.
I built my stands for $10 out of 3/4" mdf. The rest of the sheet was used for a subwoofer box.
hehe, I need to buy spikes for them so those will set me back some more money. If sure wish I could sell custom speaker or amp stands for that kind of money though.

Eujin

Supporting Actor
Chris, I'm glad you were able to DIY stands for yourself. This is a route I would have gone down myself, except for the fact that I own no tools, have no carpentry skills and live in a 1 bedroom apartment in downtown Boston. I did toy with the idea of turning my bedroom into a workshop for a weekend, but the cost of tools alone would have nearly equalled $230 (which incidently cost less than those nice S38s you have in your system ;) ).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks