What's new

Avia disc question (1 Viewer)

Paul Z

Grip
Hi Guys,
Just a quick question on that avia disc I've been seeing brought up on this site. Please excuse my lack of knowledge on this but is this disc something all rptv owners should have to maximize performnce of their sets or is it's purpose limited to specific problems. I don't really understand how it works. Thanks, Paul

TommyL

Supporting Actor
Its a must have for all rptv owners...I wouldn't have a tv without it..makes a big difference, and helps out a lot with audio...its tough to ear/eyeball things when this 20 buck disk can do it all for ya correctly:) my advise...runa nd grab it...tom

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Chris:

Yes. It is very useful for any type of CRT set. It allows you to adjust the black and white levels (contrast) and the tint and hue (color) of any set.

Parker

Paul Z

Grip
Hey, went to order the avia disc from Amazon and it's titled 1999. Is this the right one or is there a newer version ? Thanks for the help, Paul

Cagri

Second Unit
How about someone who owns a CRT? Is the disk useful for us too?
It is indeed useful, but is it really needed or not that's a different question. If you have a DVD that includes THX optimizer, you can use that for the same purpose and save your 20 odd $ for a movie. That's for the video part of the disc, for audio it's again a different matter. You can either get a cheaper calibration disc like the S&V HT tune up or use your receiver's test tones.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks