What's new

Avalon DVD-Japanese language? (1 Viewer)

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
Disney is bringing Avalon to the US on December 13th but there's no way I'm buying it if the original language is not present. Also, were any cuts made to it?

Chris Sypal

Stunt Coordinator
Japanese isn't the original language. It's in Polish. But I do agree, I won't buy it if it's not in the original language.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Wow, you mean Disney has finally gotten around to putting it out, after sitting on it all of these years?

How much you wanna bet that they are going to screw it up?

Jason

Matt Czyz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matt Czyz
DVDanswers has posted the specs for this disc, and there will be 5.1 sound mixes in Polish, French, and English, and it's being put out by Miramax, not Disney. Didn't sound like any cuts were made either. I wouldn't worry. (knocks on all wood surfaces within reach)

Applicable link

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
I got the Hong Kong version released by Panorama. Strange movie, beautiful to look at, maybe a tad slow. The disk is labeled as Region 3 but it is actually region 0. Picked it up at hkflix.com.
Odd watching the Hong Kong release of a Japanese movie shot in Polish while in my home in the US!

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
I think I saw that disc at a local comic shop, almost got it but I'll just wait for the Region 1 release.

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
I had no idea a R1 release had been coming before I got mine.
Any word on the transfer yet?

Donnie Eldridge

Supporting Actor
I have the Japanese region 2 version. It's a great movie and requires a couple of viewings to absorb everything, at least it did for me. The audio is also DD-EX.

Justin W

Stunt Coordinator
Awesome. This gives me hope for all the Shaw Brothers titles Miramax has the rights to. I was afraid they wouldn't include the original language tracks. This sheds light on the possibility that they might.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks