What's new

Aura shakers ??? (1 Viewer)

DonnyD

Screenwriter
I've just moved from a home that was a crawlspace construction where the sub really shook the house.... to a home on a slab where the sub has less "shake" impact. I am looking to improve the sub feel and sound and was wondering how the Aura (or other) shakers would do? Would I be better off adding another sub?
------------------

John H

Second Unit
My room has a concrete slab floor also.
Over the years I have used units from RBH, Clark Synthesis and The Guitammer Company Inc. (The Buttkicker)
Properly installed and calibrated tactile transducers will add a whole new dimension to your HT experience.
I highly recommend them!
John
------------------
Link Removed

Kris Deering

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kris Deering
I have a pair of Aura shakers that I got about 2 weeks ago and love them. I have one mounted in each of my two Lazy boy recliners and at less than half on the amp dial they do wonders. They really add the impact of low bass without overdriving subs. Plus I got the pair plus the amps and cables for $58 delivered!! I'll tell you it's the best $60 I've spent yet on HT gear.

Larry Noud

Grip
My hometheater is also surrounded by foundation.I went from 4 Aura Bass Shaker Pros to a pair of Clark Transducers and now the ButtKicker & Carvin amp. combo.I cannot imagine my hometheater without the ButtKicker.I have a pair of SVS 20-39CS subs and the ButtKicker took it to the next level.I highly recommend transducers when set up properly.

DonnyD

Screenwriter
Thanks for all the input fellas.... I have purchased a pair of Aura with amps and will give them a try. Where can I find Buttkickers????
------------------

Glenise

Supporting Actor
I am thinking about getting some Aura bass shakers.
Currently I have two 10" 100w subwoofers mounted in my 2nd row platform.
Would 4 Aura 25w bass shakers give more shaking effect than the two 10" 100w woofers currently mounted in the platform?
Thanks!
------------------
http://thehometheater.tripod.com/photos.htm

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
I currently have 2 of the aurs'a in my couch.I just moved to an apartment so My svs is on but it is used for a lamp table now more than anything.
While the 2 do a fine job,I am craving more.I am thinking mabey 2 more on the back(where my 2 are now) towards the top and closer to the middle and 4 on the bottom,spread out also.I have 3 more amp. channels that are not In use so...why not
------------------
My dvd collection
http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollect...?alias=cisaacs

Joe Greca

Stunt Coordinator
These sound like they'd be perfect for my apartment. I'm always afraid to put the sub too loud. Where can I get them for $60???

Gregg Hart

Stunt Coordinator
I live on a concrete slab as well. I have added 8 aura shakers to my couch. It makes a huge difference. My Velodyne 18 moves alot of air but can't do much as far as rumbling the coach due to the concrete. The skaers bring that element in very well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks