What's new

audiophile cable (1 Viewer)

Krell

Auditioning
My HT setup includes B&W LCR6 S2 mains and center, 601 S2 surrounds and M&K THX150 sub.

I am looking for speaker cable for the mains that is on par with my system - I would describe it as entry-level audiophile.

AudioQuest Slate seems to be a match with my system but I am looking for other opinions. I also want bi-wire wire.

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
I tried Biwiring my 602s once. Didn't make any difference at all whatsoever.

I'd recommend any old standard 12G speaker cable.

Mark Rich

Second Unit
Bi-wiring is something you should try for yourself. Didn't notice any improvement with Paradigm Ref speakers but you may.
Good speaker cable for the price which will allow you to try regular and bi-wire approach is the Canare 4S8 or 4S11. Buy it plain and terminate yourself from Markertek.com or similar supplier.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
There's nothing peculiar that I can see with regards to your speakers requiring something like a low inductance cable (no low impedance drop at high frequencies). If for some reason conventional 12 gauge from a number of sources doesn't suit you, consider something like Canare's speaker cables.

BrianKR

Second Unit
Good speaker cable for the price which will allow you to try regular and bi-wire approach is the Canare 4S8 or 4S11. Buy it plain and terminate yourself from Markertek.com or similar supplier.
Thx for the info. I was trying to find a place to purchase 4S11

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks