audiophile cable

Discussion in 'Accessories, Cables, and Remotes' started by Krell, Aug 10, 2003.

1. Krell

Krell Auditioning

My HT setup includes B&W LCR6 S2 mains and center, 601 S2 surrounds and M&K THX150 sub.

I am looking for speaker cable for the mains that is on par with my system - I would describe it as entry-level audiophile.

AudioQuest Slate seems to be a match with my system but I am looking for other opinions. I also want bi-wire wire.

2. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor

I tried Biwiring my 602s once. Didn't make any difference at all whatsoever.

I'd recommend any old standard 12G speaker cable.

3. Mark Rich

Mark Rich Second Unit

Bi-wiring is something you should try for yourself. Didn't notice any improvement with Paradigm Ref speakers but you may.
    Good speaker cable for the price which will allow you to try regular and bi-wire approach is the Canare 4S8 or 4S11. Buy it plain and terminate yourself from Markertek.com or similar supplier.

4. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

There's nothing peculiar that I can see with regards to your speakers requiring something like a low inductance cable (no low impedance drop at high frequencies). If for some reason conventional 12 gauge from a number of sources doesn't suit you, consider something like Canare's speaker cables.

5. BrianKR

BrianKR Second Unit

6. Pete Jennings

Pete Jennings Second Unit

Brian, I bought some Canare 4S11 cable about a year ago from Performance Audio for $.65/ft. Great service!

Pete

7. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Producer

Try this link DIY cable. It seems to be a solid science based cable for a very reasonalbe price