What's new

Audio Sync Delay on Bionic Woman in HD! (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Josh Crackle
Every time I watch Bionic Woman (in high def) there's about a half second delay in the audio so the voices don't quite sync up to the mouths of the actors, or the sound effects to action on screen. Has anyone else noticed this?!? I'm using an indoor antenna to receive my HD signal and I watch my local channels in HD a lot and this has rarely ever happened. In fact, during a commercial, I tuned in to CBS (I think it was CSI NY) and it was syncing perfectly. It only happens with Bionic Woman. I'm convinced that it has something to do with their 5.1 mix coming through because when B.W. went to commercial, my Denon receiver switched the audio source, since the 5.1 stream is deactivated with commercials, and the commercials were fine. Then the show came back, my receiver switched back to the 5.1 mode, and the sync problem continued. It's not my receiver though, because I watch lots of local HD TV stuff (some with 5.1 sound) and this never happens. I was wondering if anyone else has encountered this...

Rick

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I've watched all the episodes of Bionic Woman over-the-air in HD (because TWC doesn't carry NBC HD yet in my area) and there have not been any sync problems. My receiver is a Pioneer. No one in the Bionic Woman Season 1 thread has mentioned a problem either.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I'm yet to watch a show in Hi def that doesn't have a sync problem. My pops got a hi-def reciever, and it's always out. Sports, concerts... we were going to watch "KEN BURNS PRESENTS THE WAR" but it was so dead annoying I figured F**K it and well just buy the DVD.

He's complained numerous times to our provider, in this case SHAW.

JoshRas

Stunt Coordinator
do you have DirecTv? I have experienced this too. Ever since I got directv a couple months ago, my HD channels are sometimes out of sync. Bionic Woman I have noticed it more so. In the last episode it was way off, about 2 seconds behind, I exited out of the dvr, went back in and then it was fine.

Now I always think everything is off slightly but now I am obsessed with it so I think i might be imagining it sometimes

Real Name
Josh Crackle
I have DirecTV but I'm not watching it though my receiver (which is not an HD model...yet). I watch it through my on air antenna, which is plugged right into the HDTV. From the HDTV, I run an optical cable into my receiver (a Dennon 1804) which gives me the 5.1 surround sound from the HD source. I've watched many shows on that antenna in HD, including sporting events, and Bionic Woman is the only one, week to week, that has the sync problem. I live with it because it's only like about a second delay, so it's annoying but not overwhelming. But it's odd that my system would react this way only to that show. I'm pretty sure I turned the receiver off last week and used just the TV sound and it still had a delay, but I will mess with it some more the next time it airs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks