What's new

Audio dropouts w/ JP3 & Kenwwood receivers (1 Viewer)

Andy Bell

Stunt Coordinator
After passing over getting a Onkyo receiver for my parents and getting them a Kenwood VR-510 I have a similar problem w/ audio dropouts and the DD soundtrack(although not as bad as a Onkyo I heard) The DTS track plays fine,

Just wonder if anyone else was having this problem?

If there are any other 510 owners out there, what do you think of the remote? I am getting a little frusrated w/it.

Thanks, Andy

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
Hmm... this sounds like it may be unrelated to the onkyo problem. I thought only receivers capable of EX/ES decoding would get tripped up by the EX/copywrite flag.

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
Hmm, this is interesting. Well, someone in another thread has a Yamaha RX-V1 and does not have audio drop outs. I have the RX-V1200 but do not own the two big problem disks (JP3 or PH) and am crossing my fingers. When something that I actually want to own comes out that supposedly has the problem, I'll check it out. This problem is becoming wide-spread, because there are only about 2 or 3 major suppliers of digital decoding chips (Zoran, crystal, etc). Yamaha makes their own chips though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryH12
Recent bookmarks