Audio dropouts w/ JP3 & Kenwwood receivers

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Andy Bell, Dec 30, 2001.

1. Andy Bell

Andy Bell Stunt Coordinator

After passing over getting a Onkyo receiver for my parents and getting them a Kenwood VR-510 I have a similar problem w/ audio dropouts and the DD soundtrack(although not as bad as a Onkyo I heard) The DTS track plays fine,

Just wonder if anyone else was having this problem?

If there are any other 510 owners out there, what do you think of the remote? I am getting a little frusrated w/it.

Thanks, Andy

2. Charles J P

Charles J P Cinematographer

CJ Paul
    Hmm... this sounds like it may be unrelated to the onkyo problem. I thought only receivers capable of EX/ES decoding would get tripped up by the EX/copywrite flag.

3. David Head

David Head Second Unit

Charles,

4. Charles J P

Charles J P Cinematographer

CJ Paul
    Hmm, this is interesting. Well, someone in another thread has a Yamaha RX-V1 and does not have audio drop outs. I have the RX-V1200 but do not own the two big problem disks (JP3 or PH) and am crossing my fingers. When something that I actually want to own comes out that supposedly has the problem, I'll check it out. This problem is becoming wide-spread, because there are only about 2 or 3 major suppliers of digital decoding chips (Zoran, crystal, etc). Yamaha makes their own chips though.