What's new

Athena Owners Unite!!!! (1 Viewer)

Howdy all,
I was just curious which of you Have purchased Athenas, what you bought, and your thoughts so far? Ok I'll start.
I own the AS-F1's, and the AS-C1 center. These were a big improvement in sound quality over my Quintets. Every thing sound so much more realistic. I have only praise for these thus far. I heard that Athena was considering the addition of bi-pole or di-pole surrounds to the Audition line in the near future, I cant wait!!!

An in-store audition doesn't do these speakers justice!
Hank

Drew_W

Screenwriter
What are you using to power these?

I'm looking at doing the ASF1/ASC1/ASB1/P400 surround system for my basement...soon... ;)

I am using A Sony STR-DE575 AVR Rated @ 100x5. I am however planing to replace this unit as soon as funds allow. I am also still using 2 Klipsch from my Quintets as my surrounds, and a KSW 10 sub. All in all for what I have invested it sounds Great, and there is more than enough volume there for me. I am looking at NAD & HK for new receiver possibilities, and should have this done by Xmas. I can only imagine how clean power from a better receiver will sound.

Hank

Drew_W

Screenwriter
I was initially looking at getting a Yamaha receiver to power my set, but it's beginning to look more and more like I'm going to go with another H/K...I love the 225 I have already, I think I'm going to go with another one...or with a 325, depending on how much money I have...

It seems to be rather common to go over-budget on these HT projects ;)

James USAF

Agent
I have the Pioneer Elite 45TX. Powering the following...

Center > AS-C1
Front R/L > AS-F2
Surround R/L > AS-B2
Back Surround R/L > AS-B1

Absolutely love it. That is all I have to say about that :)

Raul A

Stunt Coordinator
I have the AS-F2s, AS-C1, 2 AS-B1s, and a SVS 20-39 PCi powered by a Yammy 5660. They sound phenominal!

Yamaha receivers are bright, no matter what their paired with, and unfortunately that affects my speakers. So I cant wait to get my Pioneer Elite 47TX. :)

Rex Quinn

Agent
Currently have the AS-B2's as fronts, B1's for surrounds, C1 centre, and the AS-P400 sub. It's in a bedroom, so the Panny SA-HE100 is powering them. I'm itching for a new reciever, but until I move, anything above this would be overkill.

I love the system though. Coulden't ask for more.

AaronJB

Second Unit
Drew Said:

--It seems to be rather common to go over-budget on these HT projects--

You should always go over what you were originally going to spend, I think, in terms of HT items. You will have less money, but you will likely be happier and are saving money down the road since you will likely not upgrade as quickly.

Drew_W

Screenwriter
I'm now thinking ASF1/ASB1/ASC1, but with a Velodyne sub. Even the CHT-8 seemed to produce a better punch than the P400.

I'm also looking at using the Yammie 5650...do you have any comments on your setup from the receiver's standpoint GalenC ?

GalenC

Auditioning
As far as the sound coming out of the Athena/5650 combo, absolutely no complaints. The 5660 has 6-channel output, but I've gone this long without owning even a stereo, so I can certainly make do with what I've got for the foreseeable future.

Really my only complaint is that my Yamaha remote will do all the pertinent functions on my older Toshiba 1600 DVD-player, and everything on my Sony Wega except the input control(can't ever be 100% satisifed!). Need to upgrade my DVD-player into something made this century before I worry about buying a nicer remote.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks