What's new

So Pio 1014, Elite VSX35TX or Yammie RXV650? (1 Viewer)

AngeloEug

Stunt Coordinator
Hey all, newest of all newbies here but I've followed a couple of threads while searching for reviews of the Pio 1014.

First, this is an amazing forum and I'm happy to have joined and lurked over the last few days.

Now I've come for some help.

I decided to jump on a local open box 1014 at BB for $359USD and I'm lovin'it.

However, here's my question, I've been talking locally with a guy who's selling his Elite 35TX for $375obo and then I ran into a local dealer with an RXV650 for the same price out the door.

My current speaker set-up is pre-wired for 6.1 and I don't intend on going 7.1 just because of the additional wiring and speaker purchase that "The Boss" would not approve of.

1) Sonically I don't know if I'd even exploit the benefits of 7.1 in a 14lx14wx22h (roughly 4000 cubic foot room) with only 3 full walls and the fourth opening completely to the kitchen (absolutely no 4th wall so no "practical" placement of the left surr. speaker - stands are out of the question because it would be right in the middle of the 2 rooms.)

My current system was/is 5.1 with my RXV596a Yammie and we moved into a home with a 6.1 set-up (the previous owner left his 3 rear speakers).

2) Are the 3 units comparable at all in terms of performance?

3) Bells and whistles the rxv650 and 1014 have ypao and mcacc respectively, both have OSD but the 1014's is limited only to set-up. Both the 1014 and 650 have video up-conversion though I don't know if that is very much of an asset.
Power wise the 1014 is the brute of the bunch but not that far ahead with regards to my speakers (running Athena Micra 6 with Velo DPS-10 as the sub).

4) If all were the same price which would you choose? 1014 and 650 are open box and the 35tx is 2nd hand. I really can't afford any more than the $350/375 range and I'm skeptical about the Elite's on Ebay that have been refurbed for about the same amount.

I really appreciate any feedback, I've got a few days to decide before I have to return the 1014 to BB if I go with another unit. The reason I jumped on the 1014 was mainly due to this forum! #2 is because I had an $85 gift card at BB that used toward the purchase.

TIA for any help or tips!

AngeloEug

Stunt Coordinator
Awww c'mon...show a newbie some love? I know I've got a great product but how does it compare vs. the Yammie and the Elite 35tx?

Please?

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
I would say based solely on processing and features I would go with the 1014TX. Add in how strong the amp section is and the fact that i don't think there's really anything out there better for under $800-$900 range i think you should stick with what you have. The 35TX is old technology, old proccessing, and has no warranty. In the yamaha line the RXV-1400 or 1500 are more comparable to the 1014TX in terms of features and processing but still don't have as much tester power and are nearly twice the price.

AngeloEug

Stunt Coordinator
Thank you Stephen!!! My first reply to my first post...they say you never forget your 1st...LOL!

thanks for the help

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks