What's new

Aspect ratio selection with STB or TV? (1 Viewer)

Norris

Stunt Coordinator
I'm at work reading the manual for the Samsung STB I just bought. The STB's remote allows for selecting "screen ratios": letterbox, full, or zoom. My TV also has different aspects to choose from. Since the STB is not hooked up yet, I'm wondering if I should use the TV's remote or the STB's remote to control the screen ratio.

Thanks,

John S

Senior HTF Member
For a few weeks I would change it for stuff, in the end, I just let it come in how it comes in. You bought the OTA tuner? If so, I'll bet you end up doing the same thing in the end.

John S

Senior HTF Member
You will be love'n it... Heck just check out some of the nightly CBS shows for a good taste. The Super Bowl will be way way cool in HD.

Don_Berg

Supporting Actor
If the output is set for 1080i HD your TV won't be able to change the display mode it will lock to FULL for HD. So only the STB's modes will work but not all of them work for all formats.

Norris

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Bill for the post, I don't know if it makes any difference but I have the 151, not the 160. What's the diff between the 2 anyways?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks