What's new

Artwork - The Italian Job (2003) (1 Viewer)

TomWoodward

Second Unit
Here's an early look at the artwork for The Italian Job remake starring Mark Wahlberg, Charlize Theron, Donald Sutherland and Edward Norton. The disc should be out around November or December I imagine. No details on disc specs or anything at the moment though. Is this any good?

T r o y

Supporting Actor
Although I didn't see this one at the theater, I anxiously await it's DVD arrival.

I sure hope by then that Paramount gets on that DTS bandwagon they said they were going to get on, besides the Jack Ryan series, at the first of the year and add a DTS track to this one.

Let's hope!! :emoji_thumbsup:

Troy

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
The Italian Job, Bruce Almighty, and Finding Nemo are the only movies released in May that still have screens at one of my local theaters, so I'd say audiences enjoyed it. I haven't heard any bad things about it, and just might go to the theater to see it this week.

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
The Italian Job is the best film I've seen so far this year (even though I have only seen about 25).

I think the disc was rumored to arrive in October. The cover art is pretty much what I expected, but I'm not sure I like that red widescreen banner. Looks like there will be a pan and scan version and it will have a blue banner.

TomWoodward

Second Unit
Yeah, it could well be out in October, November/December was just an educated guess, nothing official ;) I've heard a few people saying that it might even be released on the same day as the original.

Gregory E

Second Unit
I'll pick this up when it hits the shelves. I enjoyed Charlize Theron, Jason Stathom, and all the Mini Coopers.
And yeah....DTS would be nice.

Scott Kimball

Screenwriter
Paramount's press releases indicate an October release. I have no further details on DTS or extras.

The original Italian Job will also be released in October.

-Scott

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
It would be nice if the name of the film would be on the spine. But I guess it's an early cover.

I can't wait for this film on DVD. I thought it was a very classy car chase movie, and a very good remake.

T r o y

Supporting Actor
The specs are in for the Italian Job DVD, and yep.. Paramount is continuing to still not add a DTS track to their A-list titles!!! :angry:

I think we can forget Paramount doing DTS!!!

Ted Ehlers

Grip
PaulP: Norton's in it, sure. However, be advised that he virtually sleepwalks through the role, (well documented) as he was contractually obligated to make this uninspired (though technically sufficient) movie. Hot damn! It's sorta OK! It's not fully lame!

Like many of the films that get critical praise these days, it's earned by merely not sucking totally. The mediocre films we have suffered though this last year get raised on a pedestal by critics, only the pedestal is sitting in a deep hole, so who cares?

And that cover... all the actors standing around in a fake empty room with photoshop shadows. Oh it's that guy from that movie! I'll buy that... Testify, Gene!

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
Norton's in it, sure. However, be advised that he virtually sleepwalks through the role
I don't think that's true at all. While his character may be a tad bit one dimensional on paper, Noroton made him far more interesting on film. Also take in mind this is a car chase film, not a drama, so everyone is hamming up their roles to achieve a certain cheese factor.

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
The Italian Job is the best film I've seen so far this year
I second that. I actually have it tied with The Matrix and X-2. The Italian Job was a very intelligent well thoug hout movie. I enjoyed it very much. The car chase scenes were awesome. All the actors did a good job. Seth Green was hilarious. And Charlize Theron, WOW!:b
About the cover art, I think it is kind of stale and generic looking. All it is is photos of the actors in the movie. I want more art and originalty to my dvd cover art.

Ted Ehlers

Grip
sample from Observer report:
"Other film-industry sources said that the actor is furious at having been forced into the role, and that Ms. Lansing—who also declined to comment on this story—has won a small but crucial industry battle pertaining to the leverage that talent can wield over studios."

Another clip from a review:
Charlie's stiffness is only highlighted by his simultaneously similarity and opposition to Steve, whose affect ranges from surly to surlier. (This may have something to do with reports that Norton took the part under duress, when Paramount exercised a contract option it had held since his breakout role in Primal Fear [1996], threatening legal action if he refused.) Steve's snarky meanness comes to a strangely distant climax when the film eventually comes to its end -- a car "chase" in L.A. featuring a trio of tricked-out Mini Coopers careening along sidewalks and up and down subway stairs. (In the 1969 version, the Mini Coopers, then equally cute and stylish, raced through the streets of Torino.) Steve, meanwhile, watches from an appropriately menacing black helicopter, such that most of Norton's performance here is rendered as the most tedious sorts of reaction shots: "Hmmm, what are you up to, Charlie?"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks