What's new

Press Release SPHE Press Release: Adaptation (2002) (4k UHD) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
90eccdc8-6bbf-4ad8-993a-1ef0d4687be0.png
CELEBRATING ITS 20TH ANNIVERSARY
25c663af-3572-d9eb-98c9-40b756b58a98.png
FULLY REMASTERED IN 4K WITH HIGH DYNAMIC RANGE
DEBUTING ON 4K ULTRA HD™ DECEMBER 6TH
3ab7b75f-4c92-cd24-7b3b-9a165455b01b.jpg
SYNOPSIS
Director Spike Jonze delivers a stunningly original comedy that seamlessly blends fictional characters and situations with the lives of real people: obsessive orchid hunter John Laroche (Chris Cooper, in an Academy Award®-winning performance, 2002, Best Supporting Actor), New Yorker journalist Susan Orlean (Meryl Streep), Hollywood screenwriter Charlie Kaufman (Nicolas Cage), and his twin brother, Donald (also Cage). As Charlie struggles to adapt Orlean's best-selling book "The Orchid Thief," he writes himself into his own movie. The various stories crash into one another, exploding into a wildly imaginative film. ADAPTATION is at once a hilarious drama and a moving comedy, now celebrating its 20th anniversary.

Academy Award® is the registered trademark and service mark of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.

DISC DETAILS & BONUS MATERIALS

4K ULTRA HD DISC

• Newly remastered in 4K resolution from the original camera negative, with Dolby Vision
  • All-new Dolby Atmos audio + original theatrical 5.1
  • Special Features:
    • Behind the Scenes in the Swamp Featurette
    • Theatrical Trailer
This 4K UHD release does not include a Blu-ray™

CAST AND CREW
Directed By:
Spike Jonze
Screenplay By: Charlie Kaufman and Donald Kaufman
Produced By: Edward Saxon, Vincent Landay, Jonathan Demme
Executive Producers: Charlie Kaufman, Peter Saraf
Cast: Nicolas Cage, Meryl Streep, Chris Cooper

SPECS
Run Time:
Approx. 115 minutes
Rating: R for language, sexuality, some drug use and violent images
Feature Picture: 2160p Ultra High Definition, 1.85:1
Feature Audio: English Dolby Atmos (Dolby TrueHD 7.1 Compatible) | English, French (PAR) 5.1 DTS-HD MA, English 2-Channel Surround DTS-HD MA, Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Last edited:

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
Now, if Sony had put this in their Columbia Classics box or Sony Pictures Classics Box, it wouldn't be drowning in the incredibly congested 4K UHD release schedule in the last quarter! It's an excellent movie, but there are nearly 50 4K UHD titles due to be released between now and Christmas. I'm not complaining about the 4K UHD flood, but even the most profligate purchasers are finding it difficult to keep up!

sleroi

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gavin Kopp
I love this film, too. I just purchased it digitally in HDX a few weeks ago for $4.99. I will eventually purchase this 4k disc, but like Twitch said, this fall has has been a treasure trove of 4k releases and I just can't keep up.

I hope this release means Being John Malkovich won't be far behind in 4k.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks