What's new

Artwork: Kill Bill Volume 2 (1 Viewer)

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
OK, so we've got the cover for the first film that has a black-on-yellow colour scheme.

Then, we have a cover for the second film, that looks great but is utterly inconsistent with the first.

It is then changed to a new cover that is not quite as good looking, but has a nice yellow-on-black colour scheme that is now nicely consistent with the first film.

Then they change the scheme to yellow-on-the-most-garish-red-you-have-ever-seen-oh-my-gosh-my-eyes-hurt-just-looking-at-it. It is now not consistent with the cover of the first film's cover colours, and in addition, looks bloody awful.

Perhaps the red is supposed to be the colour of blood, in which case it is unusual that it was used to a relatively blood-free film.

Nick T Robot

Supporting Actor

They look okay to me. I would have preferred the Teaser Posters (Close up of her Hattori Hanzo Sword with Yellow and Black backgrounds) but those will probably show up in one of the many multiple dips these films will have on DVD.

Does anyone have a picture of the Vol 2 DVD with Black instead of Red?

John Alderson

Supporting Actor
Seeing them next to each other, they don't look so bad. It kinda bugs me that the "Volume n" font is a different size on each though... I hope the spines look good next to each other. It should be eye catching, whatever it is.

(Especially in my collection, coming between the black spined "Jurassic Park" and the dark purple "Lady and the Tramp." :))

John Alderson

Supporting Actor
Seeing them next to each other, they don't look so bad. It kinda bugs me that the "Volume n" font is a different size on each though... I hope the spines look good next to each other. It should be eye catching, whatever it is.

(Especially in my collection, coming between the black spined "Jurassic Park" and the dark purple "Lady and the Tramp." :))

John CW

Supporting Actor
Volume 2 has always been a headache... Vol 1 looks so great, but it's hard to come up with something in the same style that says "Vol 2". It's going to be fun though, because I'm sure someone will crack it!

John CW

Supporting Actor
Volume 2 has always been a headache... Vol 1 looks so great, but it's hard to come up with something in the same style that says "Vol 2". It's going to be fun though, because I'm sure someone will crack it!

Bob clamer

Supporting Actor
According to DavisDVD's release dates to be announced section there is a Buena Vista - TBA for Kill Bill titled Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair. From various articles I've read with Quentin this will be both movies put together. Which versions are unknown though. Guess will just have to wait and see. Hopefully by the end of the year we will see this. The boxset I understand will be ALL his movies not just the KB series.

Bob clamer

Supporting Actor
According to DavisDVD's release dates to be announced section there is a Buena Vista - TBA for Kill Bill titled Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair. From various articles I've read with Quentin this will be both movies put together. Which versions are unknown though. Guess will just have to wait and see. Hopefully by the end of the year we will see this. The boxset I understand will be ALL his movies not just the KB series.

Peter Svensson

Second Unit
Paul Champagne has done two cases for the Kill Bill series. Perfect if you have the keep-case edition(s), but want a special packing, like the Japanese box set. The cases holds three DVDs and costs around $30.

You can see pictures of Paul Champagne´s Kill Bill cases in this thread at a Swedish forum. Scroll down a bit. He hasn´t added them to his site yet, but you can order them.

Kill Bill cases

He has also made a Tarantino case which you can see at the bottom of this thread. I think that he can make the Tarantino case as big as you want it to be.

Tarantino case

NolanJ

Second Unit
Speaking of DavisDVD, they need to transfer to another server or something...

Are they always so slow loading?

Bernhard

Stunt Coordinator
I'm even more interested when the SEs are being released. So far I managed to fight off my urge to buy the current version but I don't know how longer I can resist. :frowning:

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
I thought Volume One was good, but Volume Two was GREAT. Put them together like an epic with an intermission card in the middle, and you have one of the greatets epics ever made! I'm buying Vol. 2 when it comes out but I really hope Tarantino intends to make this a 4-hour affair in the long run.

Mike Graham

Supporting Actor
I caught both films in the theater, and wasn't impressed by either. But after months of reading forum comments by fans of the film, and realizing just how many different sources Tarantino was inspired by for the movie, I bought the first film and gave it another try. Knowing full well what to expect a second time really let me appreciate what a fun film it really is. I'll definitely be doing the same for the Vol.2. August 10th can't come quickly enough!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks