What's new

Artwork: Kill Bill Volume 2 (1 Viewer)

TomWoodward

Second Unit
Hey

Here's the artwork for Kill Bill: Vol 2. No other details yet I'm afraid, announcement should arrive next week!

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
The Vol. 1 DVD cover kinda blows, but THAT one rocks. It's the same one that's on the Vol. 2 CD soundtrack cover.

Then again, I'm also with Chris Matson, I'll be holding out for the complete set.

Tom, as always, thanks for sharing the info with us here.

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
Can't wait to own this one, absolutely loved it. Great cover as well, i'm glad they didn't put critic quotes on the KB DVD's.

Ocean Phoenix

Supporting Actor
I would have preferred the poster that has Uma Thurman's face in the centre, with the faces of the bad guys on each side of it.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
I still think they should have gone with the sword imagery used on the teaser posters for both volumes. Simple, but very effective.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
OK I finally saw Kill Bill V2 tonight. We were 5 total in the theater, thats what you get for waiting. I liked it alot but I still think it should've been released as one film, because as two as much as I liked Part two , Part one had so much more energy to it. The theater we saw it at should be ashamed for charging 9 bucks for a scratched up totally awfull print. Cannot wait for the DVD to see it "Pristine'

Jon B NY

Stunt Coordinator
I only got to see it last night also, and the print was terrible. I was almost ready to complain. Those scenes in the first half hour that take place in the desert are very light and it's easy to see the scratches in the print. So, SO irritating! :angry:

But DVD wise...I loved these films and there is no way I can wait for a box set. I'll buy the box set as well if the extra features are worth it and the DVDs are the Japanese cuts.

Will*B

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Will
That cover looks terrible. Look at the title font... looks very fake to me.

Exactly. Looks fake. At least, I HOPE this isn't genuine! Vol 1 looked great... I hope this improves.

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
Why would it be fake? First of all Tom wouldn't post fake covers and second it is exactly the same as the Theatrical One-Sheet Poster. They also did the double billing of Tarantino on the Vol. 1 DVD.

DanR

Supporting Actor
Any rumors as to when the Special Edition with the films re-edited back together will be released? Before the end of the year?

Regards,
Dan

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
Deleted scene with MJW, that sounds pretty sweet. I like the Making Of featurette on the Vol. 1 DVD, definitely better than your average back-slapping fluff promotional piece, so it'll probably be good on Vol. 2 as well.

Tim-H.

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim-H
I love the art, but hope the final type will be a bit better (a little too 3D/drop-shadowy for me).

Regardless, I'll pick it up--and at least one of the combined editions [EDIT: sets] down the road...

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
The two movies are too long to be edited back together on one disc. Tarantino is reportedly satisfied with the US version of "Vol. 2" and the Japanese version of "Vol. 1". When the "super box set" comes out I imagine it'll be those two versions of the films, but they'll still be seperate. In any case, they'll never be on one disc. If they have to be split up between discs, there's really no reason to edit them back together.

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
Nice! I'm glad we'll finally be able to see this missing piece(however small) of the puzzle. Thanks for all the info, Tom. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks