What's new

Are there cooling fans inside of a Lap Top? (1 Viewer)

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
I have a friend whos Lap Top will just instantly shut down after 10 or so minets of use, I had a simular problem with my PC a few months back. After cleaning the dust off the heat sinks and the fan off the processor it solved my overheating problem. So I was wondering if this could be Her problem also. It sure seems to be hard ware related as it will not freeze it just switches off no matter what you are doing.

Could it need a good cleaning and how do you open them?
It's a Toshiba Lap Top (XP)!

Wes

CRyan

Screenwriter
That is most likely the problem. Look along the side of the laptop for a vent. Now on the bottom of the laptop there will be a cover with screws next to that vent. Take off that panel and you will probably see a heatsink and fan with a coppper tube. It will be filled with crap expecially if they use it on their lap.

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
Cleaned the Heat fins just as you stated and this solved the shutdown problem, Thanks!

CRyan

Screenwriter
Cool. Had the same problem myself a while back. Looks like a lint trap in those fins after a year of use!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks