What's new

Are the vault doors weakening at WB?? (1 Viewer)

Mitty

Supporting Actor
Go ahead and censor yourself Mitty, but I won't.
Well that's...um, dramatic.
I wasn't referring to the profanity, just the name calling. But, you're right, technically. Since there are no Warner Brothers representatives on this board, one can, within the strict confines of the rules, call them assholes. It's just a little juvenile. But, fire away.

BarryR

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BARRY RIVADUE
While I can't complain that WB finds it commercially viable to release LITTLE WOMEN (1933), it still doesn't make a load of sense why they pick this and not a billion other possibly more popular choices from that era.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
According to DVDFile, The Outlaw Josey Wales is now on the way from Warners. Maybe the vault doors realy are weakening! Bring on the Bogarts and Cagneys!

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
The Outlaw Josey Wales has been released on DVD for quite some time.
EDIT: OK, so the SE is coming out this fall. I'll definitely pick that up!
[Edited last by Richard Kim on August 29, 2001 at 02:30 PM]

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
While I can't complain that Outlaw Josey Wales is being reissued, I can't believe that other Clint catalog titles like A Perfect World or Honkytonk Man haven't been issued in the first place! (They can keep City Heat, however).
I'm particularly flummoxed by the fact that this is the first year that Warners hasn't released at least a handful of good horror/fantasy/sci-fi titles at the beginning of October for Halloween ("good" being relative in the case of Bad Moon). Nightbreed is out now (hard to find, however) and the Hammer Mummy is due out, but it would be nice to have seen some long-awaited catalog horror this time of year.

Jeff Swindoll

Supporting Actor
There is a "Special Edition" which contains: A documentary produced by Nick Redman called "A Turning of the Earth: John Ford, John Wayne, and the Searchers" features outakes & home movies. The original theatrical trailer and all new introduction by Patrick Wayne.

WB only released the above on VHS. They need to go back and release Searcher again with the current DVD supplements and the Turning of the Earth docu. They also did 2 VHS SEs (Road Warrior, Outlaw Josey Wales) that the DVD did not have the SE stuff the VHS did. I dont think that the VHS Josey Wales SE had the Man from malpaso docu on it however. Cheers.
------------------
I didnt play Dungeons and Dragons all those years and not learn something about courage.
--Bernie Faulkner

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks