What's new

Are plasma displays the future of television? (1 Viewer)

Terisha

Auditioning
I have the new 50" Panasonic which resolves 1080i, 720p, and 480p. It has a gorgeous picture, and does blacks very well. Yes, it was expensive, but I don't regret spending the money one tiny bit. I researched the topic for over two years and read about the problems with RPTVs (none of which I liked partly due to the reflective screen - and because of small people I couldn't remove it) and other types of sets. Whoever posted about the viewing angle was thinking about a different type of screen. I sit off to the side about 30 degrees and the picture is perfect. My room has a lot of ambient light and a 12.5 foot ceiling, so a front projector was out of the question. I was prepared to purchase a DLP set(which cost considerably more than the Panny I just bought), but the picture was awful beyond belief. I've seen both the Mits and Panasonic DLPs, neither looked good at all.
I'm careful about burn-in just as those with RPTVs are. I live where Time Warner Cable has around 10 hi-def channels available (including 2 HBO and 2 Showtime), although only the local CBS affiliate always has a hi-def program or demo loop going. Granted some of the programs are upconverted and look it. I'm rapidly losing all interest in watching anything that isn't broadcast in a hi-def signal.
There's no fan noise that I've noticed. As to the wattage it pulls, that hasn't bothered me either. As soon as my new amp gets here along with my MartinLogan speakers and all are mated with my new preamp/surround processor, I'll be in hog heaven.
Terisha

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks