What's new

Are Any Blu-Ray Discs Region Coded As Yet? (1 Viewer)

BenjaminG

Stunt Coordinator
As per the title, does anyone know if any discs so far have utilized region coding?

Cheers,
Ben

MarekM

Supporting Actor

well as far as I know, all US releases are REGION A,
soon to be releases UK disks will be REGION B

somewhere here were table wich states are in wich regions A, B, C
:frowning: I was hoping that there will be no regions for blu-ray :frowning: but hmm, they are...

Marek

dkny75

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Danny
Like Marek stated they've already divided up the regions for Blu-ray but since there are no players or software yet in a different region (like in Europe) I honestly don't know if it's been implimented on the current movies. I guess once they release in Europe we'll be able to find out.

Chris Dugger

Supporting Actor
Every BluRay disc press starting this fall get's the region encoding....

Some may already have it....

HD has yet to follow the region program... but time will tell...

Dugger

Gekkou

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Casey M.
Yes, but that doesn't necessarily mean that the disc itself was pressed with region-encoding. Every game for Sony's PSP has a region logo on the back of the case, but none of those have any region-lock whatsoever.

They could be printing those just to say that the discs are intended for the Region A market.

dkny75

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Danny
Jeff there is really nothing new in that article concerning region coding for HD DVD. We all know that most studios want region coding. It's already known that the DVD Forum was studying region coding for HD DVDs and that it might be implimented in the future.

I'm not trying to be agrumentative so please excuse me if my tone is so. Just busy at work.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks