What's new

Apple TV 4K official (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
We use Movie Buddy Pro on the iPhone for movie cataloguing. For streaming only movies, I added Streaming to the Format options (vs blu-ray or UHD). I also added Movies Anywhere and iTunes tags (along with my Atmos and 3D and 4K tags) to note all movies I have available in streaming format, as separate from whether it's a Streaming or Blu-ray or UHD format purchase.

Last edited:

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I use a program called MyMovies for my iPhone that works pretty well. It also has a web interface, so you can give a link to your collection to friends or family members who might want to browse what you have.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I’m now wondering how if I’ll start cataloging my digital movie purchasss.

Been using Dvd Profiler for as long as I can remember but now I have a handful of movies that only exist in the air.

I might create a digital tab so I can keep track of movies that only live in the O
That is exactly what I did with my DVD Profiler database, Tony. I have a tab labeled “Digital Copies” and download disc profiles for titles I only own digitally. I also created a media type called “Digital Copy”, and change the media type for those titles and lock that category of the profile.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I’m now wondering how if I’ll start cataloging my digital movie purchasss.

Been using Dvd Profiler for as long as I can remember but now I have a handful of movies that only exist in the air.

I might create a digital tab so I can keep track of movies that only live in the O
Check out My Movies Pro for the iPhone and android phones.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Thanks, I wasn’t actually looking for suggestions on a new catalogue service as I mentioned I use Profiler but I’m sure someone else might be able to use the ideas.
I have used Pedia years ago butndiscountiued using it when they said I would have to buy the app again when they upgraded it some time ago.

Doubtful that I’ll get a new app because I have no interest in putting all that info in again for the nearly 3000 titles I currentLY have.

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
Thanks, I wasn’t actually looking for suggestions on a new catalogue service as I mentioned I use Profiler but I’m sure someone else might be able to use the ideas.
I have used Pedia years ago butndiscountiued using it when they said I would have to buy the app again when they upgraded it some time ago.

Doubtful that I’ll get a new app because I have no interest in putting all that info in again for the nearly 3000 titles I currentLY have.
Certainly not asking you to, but FWIW, the Pedias do import the data from other apps - I was originally using Readerware, and transfered everything from there

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Does PocketPedia or MyMovies have bar code scanner for movie entry? (That was one of the things we specifically liked about Movie Buddy. I forget why we chose it over other apps.)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Does PocketPedia or MyMovies have bar code scanner for movie entry? (That was one of the things we specifically liked about Movie Buddy. I forget why we chose it over other apps.)

It doesn't answer your question, Dave...but DVDProfiler (which I use) does.

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
Yes PocketPedia scans with your iPhone camera:
You can use Pocketpedia as a barcode scanner for the Pedia programs too. Just tap the little computer icon at the bottom of the video screen so it turns green and scans will automatically be sent to your Mac for scanning or stored until you connect to the same Wifi network.

JQuintana

BANNED
Real Name
Me
1024px-Cuecat2.jpg
Yep. I remember a bunch of my friend from work thought this was so cool so we ran to RS on a lunch hour to try to get one.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
This is probably something everyone knows already but here goes. I’ve always been wowed by the 4K aerial screen savers. The detail and stunning locations are real eye candy. I’ve often wondered just where is that location? I tapped on the remote track pad, thinking that would wake up the 4K but it didn’t. It displayed text in the lower left hand corner stating the locale of the screen saver. As the locale moves on, the text will change on the next tap.

I wonder how they make these? What aerial device are they using? I’m thinking a drone with an excellent high def camera.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks