What's new

aol instant messenger spam (1 Viewer)

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
i get about 5-10 messages a day from all sorts of hot female college coeds who want to show me how creative they can be with their latest 'gadgets'. doesnt sound all that bad, except it is freakin SPAM coming from aol users. i dont display my screen name anywhere, except maybe here at the htf. when i get these messages, i warn and block every one of them, which may or may not be a good idea. the majority of the spammers are using icq to spam me. anyone know what i can do?

CJ

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
Quote:
They're probably random i dunno, i'd like to think so, but my brother is on the same network and he said he has yet to receive one. i dont know of anyone else that has received them either, so i can say that it is probably not random, unless i have terrible luck. today, i have received 11. this has been going on for a couple months now. i'd hate for some low-life scammer to cause me to change my screen name, but i will if i have to.

CJ

liana

Agent
edit profile--->uncheck "allow people to search for me"

this should fix it, it worked for me. there isnt actually a person behind them, its a script that pulls random s/n's and shoots them ads. quite clever, actually.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks