What's new

Anyone up for David Copperfield DVD's? (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Before David Blane, there was Copperfield.... the only one smart enough to figure out how to make the statue of liberty dissapear BEFORE high tech digital video editing came into play ;)...

Some of these stunts are a memorable part of my childhood, and a fun way to pass the hour. Who can forget the 'bringing Down the House' bit, where he 'escaped' from a safe before a building exploded?

Anyone up for a DVD set of these specials? Who owns the rights, BTW?

Matt Gordon

Supporting Actor
I don't think "Illusion" is all that great. If you saw the retrospective that he aired a few years ago, where he was "interviewed" by Claudia Schiffer, they you've pretty much seen what's on the disc. The illusions on the disc are severely chopped up and some are set to different music than when they were originally done.

One thing on the DVD I really found amusing was a Conan O'Brien sketch with a fake David Copperfield on the streets of NYC.

I'd like to find some DVD's of his specials as they were originally broadcast. I've got just about all of them on VHS.

Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks