Anyone up for David Copperfield DVD's?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by DeathStar1, May 2, 2003.

1. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Before David Blane, there was Copperfield.... the only one smart enough to figure out how to make the statue of liberty dissapear BEFORE high tech digital video editing came into play [​IMG]...

Some of these stunts are a memorable part of my childhood, and a fun way to pass the hour. Who can forget the 'bringing Down the House' bit, where he 'escaped' from a safe before a building exploded?

Anyone up for a DVD set of these specials? Who owns the rights, BTW?

2. Randy A Salas

Randy A Salas Screenwriter

David Copperfield sells a DVD with two hour's worth of his greatest feats and bonus material (including commentary) through the store on his web site. It's called Illusion. He also sells it on tour.

3. Matt Gordon

Matt Gordon Supporting Actor

I don't think "Illusion" is all that great. If you saw the retrospective that he aired a few years ago, where he was "interviewed" by Claudia Schiffer, they you've pretty much seen what's on the disc. The illusions on the disc are severely chopped up and some are set to different music than when they were originally done.

One thing on the DVD I really found amusing was a Conan O'Brien sketch with a fake David Copperfield on the streets of NYC.

I'd like to find some DVD's of his specials as they were originally broadcast. I've got just about all of them on VHS.

Matt

4. Tony Whalen

Tony Whalen Producer

I'd be in for those specials on DVD! [​IMG] Love his magic!