What's new

Anyone purchase Marantz x200 recently? (1 Viewer)

ChrisAG

Supporting Actor
This applies to the 5200, 6200 and 7200. If you've purchased one in the last two weeks, have the bugs (popping sound, S-video sync with bright flashes) been resolved?

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Did you ever send yours back? I haven't sent mine in. I think I would actually prefer to trade it for a newer one, but I'm not sure my dealer will do that. Since most of the issues don't bother me, I'm not too worried about it.

By the way, I found this response to dropout here on HTF very interesting:

Are these discs dual layered. If they are that is normal with current technology. DVD players are not like cd players. A cd player used as a transport will have a continual clock signal, a dvd player will pause the clock signal for everything (layer change, pause, reverse, etc). Most of them will even cause a popping sound thru your speakers from the clock turning on and off. They still need a lot of work in this area instead of the multiple features that nobody really uses. Maybe generation 25 in the next 18 months will solve the problem? How many years havr they been designing digital consumer formats, think they would know how to get it right the first time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks