What's new

Anyone know where I can get Dolby/DTS/THX print outs that look like these? (1 Viewer)

NathanP

Supporting Actor
Link Removed
Thanks for letting me use this link RAF ;)
I've got some frames JUST LIKE RAF's and I would like to put some Dolby/THX logo's in them.
My new Lexmark looks like it can do print-outs just as good as that.
Also, these signs are no longer sold so it is a MUST that I do-it-myself.
Thanks,
Nathan

Joe Tilley

Supporting Actor
Nathan,
Im not sure if I should be saying this but I can make items like these.I have three mirriors that are all hand made and backlit,one is DTS ES, one DOLBY DIGITAL,and one THX.Like I said they are all made by myself in fact if you have any skills as far as drawing and woodwork they are fairley easy to make. email me for more info at [email protected] Joe:D

NathanP

Supporting Actor
Of all the people I meet on this forum, I met a bootlegger ;)
Cool!
Do you think you can e-mail me a catalog of some sorts?
I've gotten into re-fitting my HT room and buying more posters..

Joe Tilley

Supporting Actor
Nathan,
I do not have a catalog I can send you,but I can post some pics soon if you would like.One thing I would like to clarify is that I cannot sell these mirriors as far as I know (copyright infrengment)and I do wont my butt sued beound help.The mirriors I have are for my use in my home and as far as I know thers nothing that can be said or done about that.
Like I said before if you can draw farley well and can do a little wood work these are pretty easy to make.What you will need to do is first get your mirriors,mine are 25&1/2"long by 10&1/2"high except for the DTS ES its 12"high by 25&1/2"long. Draw out whatever design you wont to use DTS,DOLBY,ext and trim it out as a stencil,know this is where it gets time consuming lay out you design on the BACK side of the mirror in REVERSE order & trace it out,next you will need to decide where you wont it to show through (you will see what Im talking about when I can get some pics up)any space you dont wont to light up you will need to tape off with masking tape,cover the front of the mirror also and the area that is left bare will need to be carefully sand blasted this will take all the mirror film off these areas and leave a frosted finish.As far as lighting and frame work go would be up to you as what you wont mine is trimmed out in red oak,and back lit with red and blue led's.
Like I said I will try to get some pics up soon and if you need some more help just holler.
:D :D

NathanP

Supporting Actor
Sounds cool dude,

Would I be able to use glass instead of a mirror?

I have a few picture frames (with glass), and I feel they would be good for this sort of thing.

So, go ahead and show me the pics!

Hank Frankenberg

Senior HTF Member
I think you guys could use acrylic plastic (Plexiglas is one brand name) for this. It edge-lights very well.

Pro: safer to work with and won't break.

Con: scratches much, much easier than glass.

James Mudler

Stunt Coordinator
To add to Hanks comment, you can have a sticker shop cut you some "sand blasted look" decals that look very close to actuall sand blasting the logo. Edge light it and it looks great. Trick I used from my old car audio days.

RicP

Screenwriter
Hey those look just like these...
showoff2.jpg

:D
I got them from Showoff Displays.

NathanP

Supporting Actor
Ron--

Could take a bigger photo or scan me a copy?

I want to en-large it and make it BIGGER

Nathan

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Nathan,
As others have suggested, even though SHOWOFF DISPLAYS (where I got my signs, just like Ric) no longer features these signs, you should contact them at their web site since the say they can provide other logos. I think the HTF sign was a "limited" edition.
Otherwise, with the increased resolution of today's desktop printers it shouldn't be too difficult to capture and print out whatever logos you want. And then there are many framing options, including DIY.
Incidently, recently I've been using a company called Graphik Dimensions (link at http://www.pictureframes.com/scripts...es.woa/wa/Home)
which can supply you with whatever size custom frame you want at reasonable cost. Much cheaper than having it custom done at a framing store. Of course, DIY is even cheaper if you have the skill and/or the time.
Happy hunting.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks