What's new

Anyone Know When More 1080i Games Will Be Released? (1 Viewer)

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Joe, the person who stated that Matrix would be 1080i is Brian W, the poster right above you. He may not work for Shiny, but he has stated before he is involved with the project. If he says it's 1080i, you should trust him.

Daren Welsh

Supporting Actor
Peter, I've got a 65908 (from the same model year as yours) and I've tried 720p from both the Xbox and from my cable box (both natively and converted in-box). My TV accepted none of them. I think the only way Mits TVs will take 720p is through either the internal tuner, promise upgrade tuner, or an external STB (which converts the signal).

As for the video settings, I think you will have to adjust the 1080i input separately from the 480p settings (SDTV, DVD, etc). I just start with the settings on my DVD input and then fine tune according to my visual preference. The reason I say this is that I recently re-wired everything (finally got the Mits stereo cabinet) and I think unplugging the cables caused the TV to lose its convergence ... I have no idea why. Anyway, I had to set the convergence on both the DTV input and the SDTV input (which did it for all 480p inputs).

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
How many of you folks have checked out the new OXM? The Matrix "stuff" just looks too cool. Between the Xbox game, the 2nd/3rd movies, and the Animatrix DVD -- this is definitely the Year of the Matrix.

Otherwise, that new Mediaplayer thing looked really cool. The one that will support Karaoke, MP3 transfer over PC network, new music video skins, and the lil' 'dancing peeps'.

Neat stuff for sure!

HalRoth

Agent
Dragons lair is 20 bucks, nice im gonna pick mine up, always wanted it, but not for 50. Great way to show off my tv at 20 bucks.

Gary King

Second Unit
Dragon's Lair can do this because it is cel-shaded, Matrix isn't.
Unless the cell shaded game throws away additional texture layers or down-reses all base textures (most don't -- low-res textures and ugly per-vertex specular artifacts can still be seen with cell shading), you don't really save anything. Silhouette rendering basically requires multipass for everything (ignoring MRT techniques), so you instantly increase the GPU workload significantly to render cell-shaded images (more than offsetting any possible gains due to increased texture cache effectiveness).

Just because cell shading looks simpler doesn't mean it is simpler.

david_b_m

Agent
For what it's worth, on my Samsung I DEFINITELY had to recalibrate and reconverge for a 1080i source (my PC with ATI component output adapter). Still need to do some focus work I think because text isn't as crisp as I'd like to see it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks