What's new

Anyone know about the Portishead NYC concert coming to DVD? (1 Viewer)

Ryan_C

Second Unit
Subject says it all. I have heard rumors it will be released overseas, just wondering if there is a US release on the way. Thanks!

Sam Hatch

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, their 'breaking' news has been 'broken' for quite some time now. It's the same stuff that was on there three years ago.

This video is the very last holdout on my must-have concert DVD wish list. Oingo Boingo and Dead Can Dance have been released, so I hope PNYC will join their ranks sooner or later.

If owning it on just any ol' shiny disc format will tide you over, it has been released on VCD. But it usually goes for thirty or forty bucks if I recall correctly.

Ryan_C

Second Unit
Just in case anyone cares, this has been released in the US, with a "region 0" code, which I found out means basically it is region free. I picked mine up at Circuit City for less than $20, and it is well worth it. The full show in 5.1, all their videos, and three short films. This was well worth the wait, if you are a fan, you NEED to pick this up!

Sam Hatch

Stunt Coordinator
I agree!

Picked this up on Saturday and was shocked to see the amount of effort that went into it. For once, it wasn't just a straight port of the VHS release -- as Ryan said there's a new 5.1 mix, all of the videos and two more films than on the tape. I haven't seen 'To Kill A Dead Man' in years, so all of this was a great surprise!

Plus, it's packaged in one of those nifty clear cases, with artwork on the flip side of the insert.

Solid!

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
It really is a thing of beauty, isn't it? The DVD sounds stunning in 5.1, and is the first thing to convince me that 5.1 music can really work (although my only previous things apart from stuff that isn't my style have been the Bjork singles and the Super Furry Animals album).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks