What's new

Anyone going through midlife crisis? (1 Viewer)

DustinLC

Supporting Actor

Go for the "riding bike across country." You'll crash and it'll knock some sense into you :D.

Some people have all the cool choices with midlife crisis :rolleyes.

Mine has been to be rebellious and not take out the trash

or

Talking to this cute chick begger during lunch.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
What's the best age for a mid-lifer? I'm early 30's and wondering if I should have a mid-life crisis now, or hold off for a few years? What about doing it while you're single or married? I'm still single, so maybe I should wait until I'm married.

Carl Miller

Screenwriter

The bald thing isn't so bad. It's low maintenance, cheap haircuts and the barber can always fit you in.

You'll be too tired to have a mid life crisis when your daughters a teenager. Trust me. :D

Chris, I'd go for the car anyway. If you're gonna sit in bumper to bumper traffic, you might as well do it in style.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
The other day my brother corrected me when someone asked my age, I said 36 and he said "Your 35 you a**hole" which actually cheered me up :)I dont even bother counting anymore.

Im definitely beginning to feel old.No baldness but my physical strength is beginning to slowly disappear and its really bothering me.Gout is kicking my ass and the idea of being 70 with it is really depressing. I dont want to be feeble and unable to walk.Im hoping to be gone by then.

Another thing is I really dont want to do Technical computer work anymore. So at 35 I realize that I need to find out what I want to do for the next 20+ years, but really have no clue right now.

Everyone I know keeps asking me when Im getting married (90% of my friends are women).My G/F had a bit too much too much wine after a recent BBQ we had and said to me that "maybe its time to settle down" :eek:

Bob McLaughlin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob
I was never any good at being young, so aging suits me very well. I didn't have any "teen angst" so I doubt I'll have a midlife crisis either (I am 37 now). I guess I don't get hung up on expectations of what I'm 'supposed' to be. That'll get you in trouble all the time. When's the last time anyone else really knew what was best for you? Listen to your own muse, my friend.

DustinLC

Supporting Actor

If we may be serious for a moment :), I think the best time to go through this crisis is in when you're single and don't have much responsibility. Then you can go all out. Few of the guys here qualify. Lucky you ;).

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Jonz,

When you said you didn't want to do IT anymore I first thought you meant "it" and figured you were old way before your time! No wonder your GF said that!!

Dustin,

Man you said it!

On the not getting it thought, do you think that is part of the whole problem? If you haven't already, I would confront your wife on this as waiting for her to magically rediscover that tigress you new when you were dating (or as a newlywed) is probably not going to happen. Just a thought and hope I am not getting too personal.

Chris

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
"Another thing is I really dont want to do IT anymore"

Dustin,
Are you crazy man?!? Without that, why go on living?:) By IT I meant Information Technologies/Technical Support which is my job(I work for IBM). I'll edit that.:)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
trust me, even though I am single, if I bought a sports car, I'd be SERIOUSLY screwed!

But I think what you mean is, a single man doesn't have to worry about hurting his family with any of his actions, but when you seriously think about that, anything that a married man does (to hurt his family), has nothing to do with a mid-life crisis. That has more to do with feeling "trapped" in the relationship. IMHO, I don't consider that a mid-life crisis.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Hmm...interesting things in this thread. I relate to those who say they never did "teen" things, due to a combination of an out of hand older sister (didn't want to hurt my parents more) and heavy involvement in my church youth group. So I never had a "wild and rebellious" time and now I'm a little tempted to make up for it. I'm also a late bloomer in the whole dating thing and certainly no pro at it, but my youthful appearance can let me get away with approaching women fairly younger (most people say I look about 10 years younger than I am at 32). So I guess if I were to have a midlife crisis outsiders would probably think I'm just acting my age :)

DustinLC

Supporting Actor

We were never active so it's not the problem but the whole relationship is part of the problem. We have talked about it, including IT.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Good luck brother!

"Sorry! You know for us nontech guys, IT is that IT! It sort of made more sense in the context of what we're discussing."

I was definitely concerned when I decided to date a woman in her mid40s,but that hasnt been a problem. She wonder whethers Im gonna leave her for a younger woman, but I tell her as long as the gourmet meals keep coming, I aint going anywhere(unless I can hook up with Anna P)

A Im realizing Im getting older story. 2 years ago I walking into a mall with my dad in Florida and he was looking at a youngn latin girl with her butt hanging out of her shorts and a tube top and said "Holy sh*t"(Dad loves the latin women), I said "Aw come on dad, u think shes gonna stand over the stove and cook you a f*ckin meal?"

It was like Fear & Loathing in LV,I actually mumbled to myself "Did I just say that?" :)

Mort Corey

Supporting Actor
You know your getting older when you see a cutie in the mall and think to yourself..."man, I wonder what her mother looks like" ;)

Mort

DustinLC

Supporting Actor

I'm not there yet but I see cute little girls or boys 0-10yrs of age and say to myself, his or her mom must look pretty good.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
LOL - I work with a girl who is 20 and I'm like "YES! only a 15 year difference!", not that I'm looking for anything, but at least I don't feel TOO creepy when thinking she's "hot". :D - it's definitely the 18 year old differences that start creeping me out.

And when I do start becoming the "Creepy Guy", I have to keep saying to myself "Mark, think of your 21 year old cousin....remember when you used to hold her as a baby (when you were a teen)...NOW look at those 20 year olds" - That usually snaps me out of it. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks