What's new

Anyone familiar with remote extenders? (1 Viewer)

Vin

Supporting Actor
I'm thinking of purcahasing this remote extender .
Can anyone tell me anything about this particular extender (and this dealer) or is there another one that you might recommend?
Thanks.

JohnMM

Stunt Coordinator
Vin, I can't tell you anything about that one, but I bought a remote extender at Radio Shack for $50 (I've seen it since on sale for $40).
The Rat Shack consists of two small pyramid shaped pieces - one is a transmitter, the other a receiver. That's different than the one you're looking at, which has the transmitter clipping onto a remote control.
I have the transmitter in my living room and am controlling a cable box in a den in my basement that has a closed door (1 floor down from the living room). I have had no problems with it and am happy with its performance.
Good luck!

Vin

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the info John.
I'd like to be able to change channels on my living room satellite receiver that also feeds a TV in my kitchen. The product that you're using sounds like it would serve my purpose but I'll be damned if I can ever find what I'm looking for on the Radio Shack website.
angry.gif

Do you by any chance have a link to this item or a part #?
Thanks again,
Vin

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks