Anyone familiar with remote extenders?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Vin, Oct 23, 2001.

1. Vin

Vin Supporting Actor

I'm thinking of purcahasing this remote extender .
    Can anyone tell me anything about this particular extender (and this dealer) or is there another one that you might recommend?
    Thanks.

2. JohnMM

JohnMM Stunt Coordinator

Vin, I can't tell you anything about that one, but I bought a remote extender at Radio Shack for $50 (I've seen it since on sale for $40).
    The Rat Shack consists of two small pyramid shaped pieces - one is a transmitter, the other a receiver. That's different than the one you're looking at, which has the transmitter clipping onto a remote control.
    I have the transmitter in my living room and am controlling a cable box in a den in my basement that has a closed door (1 floor down from the living room). I have had no problems with it and am happy with its performance.
    Good luck!

3. Vin

Vin Supporting Actor

Thanks for the info John.
    I'd like to be able to change channels on my living room satellite receiver that also feeds a TV in my kitchen. The product that you're using sounds like it would serve my purpose but I'll be damned if I can ever find what I'm looking for on the Radio Shack website. [​IMG]
    Do you by any chance have a link to this item or a part #?
    Thanks again,
    Vin

4. Mike_Ped

Mike_Ped Second Unit

Here ya go:
    http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...5Fid=15%2D1959
    I had no problem finding it on their website. If the link doesn't work, just go to their website and type in "extender" in the search box at the top. The remote extender was at the bottom of the search results.
    Hope that helps!
    Mike

5. Vin

Vin Supporting Actor

Thanks guys. [​IMG]
    Vin