1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

anybody like Great Big Sea?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mike boettner, Jun 26, 2002.

1. Mike boettner

Mike boettner Stunt Coordinator

I have been in this total shanties and sea songs expedition and came across "Great Big Sea". A very interesting band, kinda folk, Irish,"olde tyme" music. Why is it that Canada always keeps its best music a secret? Alot, I mean ALOT of new music I have come across is all from Canada, and it all rocks!!
    Mike "I guess I should have been born in Canada" Boettner

2. Mike boettner

Mike boettner Stunt Coordinator

Well, it looks like I AM the only one, oh well[​IMG]
    Mike

3. David Lawson

David Lawson Screenwriter

David Lawson
    No, Mike...I like their current single "Stumbling In", though I'll admit I haven't looked much further into them at this point. Thanks to the radio show mentioned in this thread, I've been finding a ton of Canadian artists new to me. I just haven't had time to check all of them out.
    I just noticed that I never updated that thread with the link to the webcast. My show airs every Tuesday morning at 8:00 AM EST at http://waif.inspectacare.org. You can also view the playlists at the Web site listed in my profile. I hope I'm doing Canada proud. [​IMG]