What's new

Anybody Know about Coke Dispensers??? (1 Viewer)

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
ive been wanting a system for a while now. The coke guy just called and said he will sell me one for $350. It will have 4 dispensers and the built in cooler. The valves / regulator is an extra $100, then the premix tanks of drinks are $12.50 each. Does this sound reasonable?? As usual I dont have a clue.

Gregg

Andrew W

Supporting Actor
I have a friend that has the multi-selected bar type dispenser and it seems handy if you drink a lot of soda.

The cans go in the basement.

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
This is somthing I am interested in as well.It would have to pump out diet pepsi,mt.dew,dr.pepper and regular pepsi for my freakish friends.

Any idea how long the suryp or water lasts?anyidea how much it is to replace?Or did I totally overread that?WHo do you call for such a thing?

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
I saw a web site referred to in another forum (possibly AVScience) that went into a great deal of detail about fountain dispensers and how much they cost. A search should bring it up.

Brian W. Ralston

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian W. Ralston
Hey Gregg...how are things?
Try researching this site....
Link Removed
Even if you use someone else, there is a lot of good info on soda dispensing systems there.

Gregg Loewen

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
Dont think thats what Im looking for.

I have a soda dispensing machine lined up. It has 4 dispensers and they will supply me the CO2 tanks and beverage tanks (5 gallon tanks at $12.50 a tank).

The dispenser will cost $350 and the needed valves will be another $100. Does anybody know if this sounds reasonable??

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
Sorry Greg, am never into the way the fountain pop tastes. It's never mixed right, I go cans only. (Actually lately it's been almost exclusively water). Now a can dispensing system would be good.. press a button and a can shoots out of somewhere right onto my lap. YEAH!!

Good luck!

Paul.

Scott Hayes

Second Unit
As far as can goes, I've got a friend of mine who bought a coke and pespsi can dispencer. He rewired the machines so you didnt need quarters. All of us think canned soda tastes much better. IMO:). At one point he did have the soda fountain dispencer, but if you let it sit to long it really tastes funky.

E

Eric Kahn

the Premix cans are just 5 gallon cans of whatever softdrink without the CO2, no mixing is done at the dispensor

do you really drink that much coke?

if it is a refrigerated machine I would say the price is good, just remember that you need to keep the hoses between the tanks and the valve as short as possible or the POP/Soda will go flat in the hoses if you are not using alot of it

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Sounds like a decent deal....

Considering that a bottle dispenser would run you about $500-800 bucks.

I'm rather sure that a can dispenser would be double that but I could be wrong.

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I agree - sounds like a fair/good deal to me. I do prefer cans - but this would be TOO COOL to have!
Go for it Gregg:emoji_thumbsup:

Don Black

Screenwriter
I think the pain of cleaning the nozzles and filters kind of makes dispensers a "too hard." Go the can dispenser route... Then you can throw socks at the buttons like in "Big." =)

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
Those prices sound about right. Keep in mind that you'll need to service every year (for your usage). You'll also want to clean the nozzles every so often.

Bruce Abar

Stunt Coordinator
It depends if you want postmix or premix. Post mix is just syrup and you add water and carb in the glass.(the machine does it with a carbanator) The tanks are the way to go(premix). Premix will taste just like the bottle stuff you buy and will last forever, where the postmix has a stale date. Premix is about $18.00can and canister, plus a 10.00 deposit. In my case, the pop machine is suppled free of charge.(business)

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
I don't know how you would feel about buying a used dispenser or buying from Ebay, but if you do a search using the term 'soda dispenser' it brings up quite a few.
Here's some that might interest you:
The search results can be seen Link Removed.
4 Flavor Premix Soda Fountain
6 Head Soda Dispenser - It looks like this one is postmix, but it comes with everything you'll need.
6 Head Soda & Ice Dispenser - This one is postmix and it doesn't come with the needed carbonator, etc.
I've been looking into getting one of these for a while and it sounds to me like the $350+$100 for a premix unit is a good deal. I've dealt with postmix units before (while working in fast-food) and they can be a bit of a pain with all the additional carbonators and pumps to deal with. Plus making sure the mix settings are just perfect for a good flavor can bring on a headache. There are devices however that can be used to get the settings just right. I've also worked with a premix unit once before and it was pretty easy and the soda tasted just like the canned stuff.

Gregg Loewen

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
thanks guys!!

Im going to get it Thursday. $520 bucks for the 4 outlet premix dispenser, 5 cannisters of "pop", and 1 CO2 container.

yeah, it is going to be a great Patriot party on Sunday!!!

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
I am not sure if mine is pre or post..but I CAN tell you I LOVE it!!!! So do my kids. And the "WOW" factor is significant!!!!

Are you getting name syrup or generic? I use generic for Root Beer and Ice Tea..but name for the Pepsi and 7-Up.

Edit: DUH...mine is pre-mix!

Gregg Loewen

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
Whoooooww!!! I got the dispenser. When I went to pick it up, I was asked why are you buying, you know you can just have it as long as you buy the product??
so.... $80 later (6 tanks of beverage and 2 of CO2) I was out the door with the machine!! I saved $450. :)
Ill hopefully have some new pics on my site in the next month or so, stay tuned :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:
Gregg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks