What's new

Anybody heard of/dealt with ColorConsoles.com? (1 Viewer)

Masood Ali

Supporting Actor
I just ran across their site, and their price for a US/Japan switch mod is pretty good (better than NCS); it's even lower if I decide to get a paintjob for my Gamecube.
They look legit, and the idea of a metallic blue/black two-tone Gamecube with blue LEDs is enticing. They do PS2 (and other) color mods too.
ColorConsoles.com

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Andre F

Screenwriter
I never heard of it before but it seems kind of cool. I don't think I'll be changing the color of any my consoles anytime soon but the other mods seems pretty cool as well.

-Andre F

Camp

Senior HTF Member
Is there really much of a market for coloring your console? Think I can send them my TV? I've always thought a blue Wega would be cool. :thumbsdown:

CRyan

Screenwriter
umm no. Spray painting a console is not a good idea IMO. However, if the original manufacturers were to make a few metalic versions instead of that crappy clear colored plastic mess Nintendo tries to pull off, I would go for it.

C. Ryan

Masood Ali

Supporting Actor
Spray painting consoles a no-no? Do you guys even know the sizable community obsessed with modding their $2000 computer's cases? A little paint and lacquer goes a long ways.

CRyan

Screenwriter
Well, to each their own no doubt. A computer case is not proprietary. It chips, gets scratched, or rubs off, just buy a new case. Not so with a console. When the finish starts to wear, you are stuck with it.

Not to mention killing the warranty of an expensive component. Ahh well, again to each their own. I see no point in modding PC cases either.

C. Ryan

Camp

Senior HTF Member
The money they charge is pretty nuts when you can do it yourself. That was my point. I can't see them staying in business long.
BTW, my PC is fully pimped out. :)

Jeremy Illingworth

Supporting Actor
They paint them? I was at a game shop a few years ago and they had new coloured bodies for PS and DC for sale and you changed the internals yourself.

jeremy

Masood Ali

Supporting Actor
IGNCube did a write-up on it, read it Link Removed.
Looks like I'm gonna be doing a paint/region/led mod in a couple weeks. I'll post my feedback then.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks